Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2196 Posts

·
Administrator
43,334 Posts
assateague said:
Was just given a shotgun. Break action Montgomery Ward Western Field, 12 fixed full choke. Just peeled off 3 layers of old camo tape. Getting ready to start cleaning it up, then paint. Might cut this one off, too, just to have another short barrel in the house. Not much on break action single shots, but the price was right. Internally, looks to be in pretty good shape.
Make a good dog training gun. Of course, it might be awhile before someone gives you a good dog.

·
Administrator
43,334 Posts
assateague said:
I'm still holding out hope. Just put the kibosh o the wife's idea to get Dingo II to keep The Dingo company. I Explained that I WILL have a hunting dog, and we are NOT a 3 dog family, so it was out of the question, but that if she wants to get another to keep The Dino socialized, that other will b black, yellow, brown, or deadgrass. (yep I really did lay down the law on this one)

On a side note, Preacher's doing well with my buddy. I'll have to try and get some pics of my own. He took him out several times during the last split, and he actually had a couple retrieves. And hasn't chewed anybody's foot off yet.
Glad you straightened out the little woman. :lol3:

·
Administrator
43,334 Posts
assateague said:
Just walked back in the room whistling "Jimmy Crack Corn", and was told to stop being a smart ass. Chuckled and walked back out.
Don't know much about Cheer stuff but if it's anything like Dance competition...there won't be any dad's to talk duck hunting with waiting for precious to take the stage.

·
Administrator
43,334 Posts
one2many said:
finished high moisture corn this morning...number ended up being lots better then first thought :smile:
now a little down time to get dogs in shape :beer:
Excellent - just in time for your high school graduation! :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
43,334 Posts
Phones are for talking, email, and text. Although some seem to think texting has replaced email and that is annoying. About as annoying as people who stare at their phone all day.

·
Administrator
43,334 Posts
t_baker said:
HNTFSH said:
Phones are for talking, email, and text. Although some seem to think texting has replaced email and that is annoying. About as annoying as people who stare at their phone all day.
Hey does Saturday or Sunday work better for you? Also, those tires worthy of a hour ride? And can you grab a size and I'll see if I have a spare to bring?
I can do Saturday if that's better. Yes - I will run out today and try to inflate the tires and recheck Thursday to make sure they are holding. I'll also grab the tire size and lug pattern on the wheels.

If I get froggy I'll hitch up and move it around too. :thumbsup:

·
Administrator
43,334 Posts
t_baker said:
Sounds good to me. Let's just plan on Saturday so we are not rushing Thursday. Thanks!
Great...let's touch base on Friday with a time. Probably after 10:00 am. :yes:

Do you have an air tank? My little inflator didn't seem to be working. One tire is flat (but was OK last time moved and the other tire just a tad low to pull.

The spare looks fine but needs air and some surface rust breaker to get the lugs off easier:

The tires are Standard 4.80x12 with 4 lugs:

The trailer looks home-made and is very sturdy. The metal, welds and fendors are all great. The tailights need replaced but I do think the wiring and lights all work. I could not plug in to check because the pigtail is shrouded (a match to what's on my truck) versus protruding contacts. So...might need to splice in a pigtail end if your is the same.

The trailer jack works great, I was surprised it wasn't seized up. Chains have surface rust and look fine. Ball appears to be
1 7/8 as it wouldn't quite fit my 2" ball.

Rolled out of it's resting place just fine.

Has a bow mount MinnKota which I know was working on the last trip a few years ago. Steering cable still attached and the controls for the outboard are in the boat.

Got my last 4.80x12's at Tractor Supply pretty cheap. Bring a 4-way and a hammer. :hammer:

·
Administrator
43,334 Posts
t_baker said:
Did we ever determine if it was welded or riveted?
Looks all welded to me. The seams, the keel. The rivets look to be used for securing the internal structure. I don't know where the flotation is, it must be under the flooring.

Comes with a Mushroom anchor too.

Check out the places to hide Playboys:

Floating live well with fresh water intake called a hole and a plug:

·
Administrator
43,334 Posts
That all makes sense but that means a 'welded' boat has no rivets at all then, right?

My Lund has rivets only, down the length of the keel and sides. No welded areas.

·
Administrator
43,334 Posts
t_baker said:
HNTFSH said:
That all makes sense but that means a 'welded' boat has no rivets at all then, right?

My Lund has rivets only, down the length of the keel and sides. No welded areas.
Fwiw, I don't care if it's either. Not a deal breaker.
I was just curious...don't deal often with boats! In this case wouldn't it be considered both?

·
Administrator
43,334 Posts
Indaswamp said:
Anyone else here make their own vanilla extract? The previous bottle I had lasted me about 12 years and I killed it when I made the sweet potato maple pecan bread. Wal-mart had the vanilla beans 2 for $9.05, which is better than the $12 I use to pay. Bought 4, split them, scraped the seeds then cut the hulls 1" long. Put it in a fifth of 40 proof moon shine. Gonna let it steep for about 6 months then strain through a coffee filter. Never goes bad, lasts forever and gets better over time like a fine wine. :thumbsup:
Uh, no.

1 - 20 of 2196 Posts