Duck Hunting Forum banner
139961 - 139980 of 140005 Posts

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
We open the 27th. Today I’m digging out the sneak boat and doing a little fiberglass patching and putting the blind on. Fall is in the air!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
77,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139,967 ·

Camp in Venice, La. after hurricane Ida....she's a little beat up, hung up on pilings, but still floating. Will head down sometime next week to assess the situation and try and free her off the pilings.

·
Administrator
77,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139,970 ·
Morning guys ☕

Looks like you've moved up in camo size swamp
Naw, that camp has been in Venice. La. since 1996. It's a fishing camp, not a duck hunting camp. The small one we built on pontoons was for a public management area. We wanted a camp we could trailer.

·
Administrator
9,996 Posts
Good luck Swamp, wish I could come help ya out but still Gator Hunting here.

Afternoon All

·
Administrator
9,996 Posts
Afternoon All

·
Super Moderator
23,727 Posts
Wrapped up my bear hunt. I am probably the only guy who has ever spent 9 days in the highest success rate unit in the state (50%) and managed to never even see a bear.

But last night at dusk I ended up surrounded by howling wolves, 6.5 miles from the nearest paved road. So in my mind that experience was worth the price of admission.

·
Super Moderator
25,364 Posts
Wrapped up my bear hunt. I am probably the only guy who has ever spent 9 days in the highest success rate unit in the state (50%) and managed to never even see a bear.

But last night at dusk I ended up surrounded by howling wolves, 6.5 miles from the nearest paved road. So in my mind that experience was worth the price of admission.
Look at the brightside you don't have to clean one and pack it out plus you didn't get ate by the wolves

139961 - 139980 of 140005 Posts