Duck Hunting Forum banner
140021 - 140040 of 140090 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
If that’s your little white boot there, I sure as hell hope you’re holding em at bay with a ak47.
One twitch from em and I’d open up like a steamed clam.
You ain’t kidding. I’m comfortable tracking a wounded black bear after dark but the only alligator I want to be near has been deep fried and next to the French fries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,625 Posts
If that’s your little white boot there, I sure as hell hope you’re holding em at bay with a ak47.
One twitch from em and I’d open up like a steamed clam.
They're gonna squirm around (without snapping) for what could be hours, regardless, but the "trick" is to be certain blood is pumping out of the shot hole like the busted blood supply it should be: no blood to the brain means no chance of coming to and becoming an interesting boat companion.

The first of my grandsons talked a great gator game, but always found last minute reason not to go until I all but roped him into it and was plainly uncomfortable on our ride out:
Sky Plant Water Tree Travel

And more than a little apprehensive about whether they were really dead::
Water Shorts Watercraft Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Lake

Wasn't too long though, before he was "surfing" on them:
Plant Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Shorts Tree Watercourse

And don'tch know that when it was time to take a tailgate hero shot of the little Cajun for Mom and Meme, he said "Wait!" and pulled his shirt off:
Shorts Muscle Leg Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
20,625 Posts
Well, the surfers do if it ain't dead.
Good one. But, yes, by the foot, OG, but for precious little these days, as covid shut down the main Singapore and Italian markets, and there's a backlog of more valuable (less scarred) farm hides. Only market is for the meat now, which isn't worth much on the hoof. We just fish them as a courtesy to the landowners of some of the places we pick eggs on.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Got to the landing before 5 this morning. Was a duck boat waiting at the landing but not putting in so I put the boat in. By the time I got back to the parking area there was 3 trucks there, apparently all together. Guy asked where I was going. Told him up by the inlet. Oh, uh, so up by my blind? How should I know I’m thinking. Other guy speaks up and say well I guess we’re all hunting in the same area. I said forget it I’ll go elsewhere. Went to the opposite end of the pond and ended up with 2 gwt and a mallard. Didn’t hear much shooting from them. I know some people deal with this stuff often but as a rule I don’t. In my mind they should have gone to plan b because I was ready and launched before them. I have no desire to have pissing match with anyone. Just want to go hunting. There. I’m done bitching.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,625 Posts
Rick have you ever had one in the boat that wasn’t quite dead and woke up?
Having just expounded on the importance of seeing blood pumping, I'm especially ashamed to admit - not since yesterday. And to make it all the more embarrassing, I'd mentioned the absence of it as we pulled him over the side and we decided just to "keep an eye on him" because the hit looked so good. Did at least have him on his back when he came to, and popped him again as soon as we got him flipped over, which was an "interesting" chore.

"Learned" that rule of thumb on my very first gator fishing trip in 1984, when an eleven-footer come to. Fortunately, my host and I were dragging him overland on his back and had some warning when he thrashed trying to get righted. That host was a long time gator fisherman who then told me the rule to insuring kills and admitted ignoring it due to "proper" shot placement...

·
Super Moderator
25,421 Posts
You must have a plow or at the least, a snow blower.
[/QUOTE
I have a nice damn near still brand new blower that I just fired up the other day in preparation which means there will be no snow in Minnesota and if there is my blower will be way overkill . Anymore if I want rain I just have to start an outside paint job or wash my truck that's almost a 100% guarantee

·
Registered
12,270 Posts
I have a nice damn near still brand new blower that I just fired up the other day in preparation which means there will be no snow in Minnesota and if there is my blower will be way overkill . Anymore if I want rain I just have to start an outside paint job or wash my truck that's almost a 100% guarantee
.....or spraying roundup.

140021 - 140040 of 140090 Posts