Duck Hunting Forum banner
140541 - 140560 of 140633 Posts

Registered
Afternoon guys. Im sure some of you have dealt with dogs getting arthritis in the hips. Annies hips have been getting progressively worse in the last few months. Shes had a pile of health issues including thyroid, seizures, and Lyme disease. Now she labors to get up the 2 steps in the house and doesnt want to stand for very long. Weve been giving her glucosamine and anti inflammatory with little success. I know were fighting an uphill battle and Im aware of the end result but shes only 7 years old and Im hoping to get more time with her. If we cant find some relief for her then Ill do what I have to so she doesnt suffer but man oh man Im not ready for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered
It does suck. To be honest Im not sure what all the options are. I do trust the vet and hes been trying to keep the cost down but what weve tried hasnt worked. She did have a Lyme flare up which obviously can cause more joint pain. Another option weve heard about is gabepentin? Supposed to be a steroid and also helps with seizures Im told. My wife works in the medical field so I like to let her ask questions because she understands this stuff better. At this point my biggest priority is to get her some pain relief.

Registered
Something else s wifey is asking about, OG. Really dont want to give her anything without the vets blessing due to to all the other meds she currently takes.

Registered
If I were you I'd check to see if there are any massage Therapists for dogs in your area. They can often give temporary relief and will show you how to give treatments in many cases. My daughter is one and gave a lot of relief to a 16 year old beagle of mine till he passed.

Registered
Wife talked to the vet tonight. He said to try the gabepentin and give it time. He said the Lyme flare up she had is going to take time to calm down. He also said she has plenty of life left so not to stress about putting her down. Im somewhat relieved and will have to be patient.

Administrator
Wife talked to the vet tonight. He said to try the gabepentin and give it time. He said the Lyme flare up she had is going to take time to calm down. He also said she has plenty of life left so not to stress about putting her down. Im somewhat relieved and will have to be patient.

That's great to hear brother!

Registered
Old Kelsey had Lyme. She lived a long time with it and it was treated several times. Who was it on DHC that sent me a bunch of meds for her???? Great guy, desert storm vet that had lost his canine partner? Dog gone it. He was a good dude.

That reminds me. I owe dep for sending me primers. Something is coming your way my friend.

Administrator
Was he from Florida you re
Old Kelsey had Lyme. She lived a long time with it and it was treated several times. Who was it on DHC that sent me a bunch of meds for her???? Great guy, desert storm vet that had lost his canine partner? Dog gone it. He was a good dude.

That reminds me. I owe dep for sending me primers. Something is coming your way my friend.
[/QUOTE

You recall if he was from Florida?

Registered
Had to take the wife to work today, cars in shop(effn dodge) so pretty much wiped out an early morning hunt. Dropped her off and decided to take a ride out to a field a friend of mine ranches before I had to pick her up for lunch. I grabbed my gun, a few shells and loaded the pooch. Left decoys, calls home. Wasnt expecting much名RONG. Field was covered.

Put a sneak on em and scratched out a couple.
Well be back!
Plant Grass Agriculture Groundcover People in nature

Bird Tints and shades Asphalt Road surface Feather

140541 - 140560 of 140633 Posts