Duck Hunting Forum banner
142381 - 142400 of 142441 Posts

· Administrator
10,137 Posts
OG, please keep it up there with you sir. Too many idiots here in Ga with 1 inch of snow, lose their minds and can't remember how to drive.

· The Governor
26,147 Posts
Storms have been lining up, we’re drenched.
The fishing should be excellent come spring time.
Im glad for you guys out there , Salmon and Sturgeon !! Fish On !!!! Stripers will be loving it too and if all the Bass didn't already die off in all of my favorite ponds out there that should be some great fishing too .

· Gets 'er done
8,524 Posts
Im glad for you guys out there , Salmon and Sturgeon !! Fish On !!!! Stripers will be loving it too and if all the Bass didn't already die off in all of my favorite ponds out there that should be some great fishing too .
The bass fishing is going to be good, G.

· Gets 'er done
8,524 Posts
Bought another float tube, truck inner tube and heel flippers this week along with another 1,000 yards of line. I'll go broke trying to get through Feb and March with stuff I don't need.
Hunt?!? It’s definitely stuff an avid fisherman needs.
Those float tubes look funner than hell and the perfect setup for certain situations. For the style of bass fishing you’re into, I’d say that tube is the deal.

· Administrator
43,795 Posts
Hunt?!? It’s definitely stuff an avid fisherman needs.
Those float tubes look funner than hell and the perfect setup for certain situations. For the style of bass fishing you’re into, I’d say that tube is the deal.
Hey...Amen brother. The one I've been using was only two years old with a ton of life left, just bored so bought the next one up (which I've had before too) that puts an extra storage on top of the back rest bladder. Convenient for water or poncho, etc.

So last years is a great back-up and I still have the back-up before that one. 😂 3 sets of heel flips all new (use 1 pair, back-up pair in truck box and another back-up pair for a guest). Also have a new pair of Frogg Togg waders (as back-up or for guest) along with my Simms. New 10x20 truck tube just came and two back-up tubes one of which stay in the truck box during season. 6 spools for 3 identical reels one with higher test strength for flippin pads so I can change out in the water. Inflating life vest jacket and inflating waist belt along with a life ring you can float behind ya for back up in deep water at midnight, by yourself.

There's really no cost to float tubing. If you have small water, quarries, lake with bays and not much boat traffic (or at night), HP limited lakes, golf course pond, etc. you can get on nice bass. It's fun to fish with someone but truth be told, you enter with a buddy and you go opposite directions. 😂

The round tubes take truck inner tubes whereas the uboats use bladders. Big difference and I've never trusted Chinese glued bladders but the uboat is better for fly fishing and wearing swim fins versus the round tube and using forward propelling heel flippers which is great for working down shorelines.

Highly recommend Bucks Bags in Idaho. Well stitched and 5 year warranty.

Baseball glove Font Glove Outdoor shoe Screenshot

· Administrator
43,795 Posts
Morning guys :coffee:

Just bought something similar to that HNT its a Muskrat hut blind don't know that I would use it to fish as its the U style , a tube or small pontoon for sure .
Beautiful!!!! OG I've had that tube before and is the one I used a few times for that purpose. I just camo'ed up but genius addition on the pop-up covering. I also fished it. I wouldn't worry utube from a fishing perspective you just have to make sure you've got flotation back-up. I fish so much alone at midnight in deep quarries I'm paranoid. They also work better when you're under 215 lbs and that spreader bar in the front doesn't take as much stress.

But - hunting where you're likely in standing water depth anyway, that's perfect! It should also have an inflation tube you can hit with your hot air (lol- mouth) as cold water shrinks air so you may wanna pump in some after you've been sitting there a 1/2 hour. With fins on you could also retrieve your own birds on water.

Yeah - breathables and swim fins and you're set to fish too! (y) Cool!

142381 - 142400 of 142441 Posts