Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I really just started hunting "divers" this year and have gotten a few hear and there, but not as many as i would like. Does anyone have some ideas on types of decoys or spreads that I could use? Your help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I use about 4 to 5 dozen supersized bluebills for my diver hunts. I think that the placement on the right type of water( deep and next to possible drop off is the best location. Next you need to adjust your spread keeping in mind the birds will land mostly infront of spread. Lead off your spread with a hen colored bird seems to be more effective.
I us a j pattern but I have used a number of different variations of spreads depending on the wind and where I wanted to put my boat. Remember that you can and probably make adjustments to your spread if the birds are not attracted. Move your boat, change your spread configuration. Do what works better on each seperate trip. Diver hunting is the best.
I usually put anywhere from a dozen to 16 dekes on each string when I set up.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I use 3-4 doz. bluebills, either in tight bunches representing rafting bluebills, or like the other hunters said, in a standard J spread. I use a mix of g&h and Greenhead gear bluebills, the burlaps look nice, but man are they expensive.

·
Registered
75 Posts
hey guys i got a question i'm confused about the J-shape formation all the diver hunting i have done was with two strait lines pointing to were we wanted the ducks to land can someone help me out on the j-shape thing. thanks i'm still faily new at this

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.