Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm 17 and love to shoot divers espically buffleheads for some reason, they seem to alwyas taunt me, ha ha it;s crazy. i want to hunt divers and only divers in ND. Anyone know of a good place to hunt or suggest a lodge to go to. Thanks.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I went to ND last fall. Long drive from upstate Ny. Although it was in the early season I shot quite a few bluebills. I mainly hunted Lake Alice (Public hunting) near Cando. Lots of birds.
Here in upstate NY there are a lot of Buffies. Heck we pass on them most of the time in order to shoot the bigger Goldeneyes, Redheads, and Canvasbacks. The best past of NY is the split season (Dec.27th to Jan.9th) . I have shot everything from Oldsquaws to white wing scoters. LakeOntario can be a tough hunt, but the ending result may make for a memorable hunt. Good luck with the Buffies.
Matt

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Most guys freelance in ND. Heck Devils Lake is probably one of the best Diver lakes in the upper midwest.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I hunt in nodak once a year, mostly skakawea area, and a lay out boat in the middle of the coves is a awesome way to hit the divers just make sure you have a recovery boat for yourself, cuz the wind on that lake trys to sink me everytime I get on it.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Devils Lake is really good for divers. Thats where i would go if i was you....i went there and shot 2 buffleheads and they got a great population on divers in Devils Lake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.