Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Not saying it will not help... but generally it is the other way around in that you set geese too with the ducks so the ducks come in better. I suggest trying it to see if it helps at all--set the ducks upwind of the geese-at 15 yds between them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Got to agree with the boss-man here. I don't think geese are gregarious enough to want to spend time with ducks just because they are there. Ducks on the other hand like to have geese around, geese are just more wary than most ducks. Agreeing again, seperate the two species. Ducks will, as a rule of thumb, eat ahead of geese as they move into the wind. Also remember that ducks will over fly geese in order to land with other ducks, geese definately will not.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Admin & NESoDaK are right. Not only will ducks be attracted by geese; I've seen hooded mergansers come into goose dekes. But the geese will not mingle w/ the ducks. I placed the geese 10-15 yds. away from the ducks last year @ Moraine - best gunning in years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.