Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Good work DZ :thumbsup:
Looks like you took your time and put some craftsmanship into your project. Look forward to hearing how the boats handles.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks fellas. I put a lot of time in making these (with some help and guidence from Andysleds)...they had better do the job they were built to do.

I'll get right on that tissue box for ya...do you think it needs to have more than one coat of fiberglass??? Would you like that in a purple paisly paint scheme??? :rofl: EBD, don't get mad at me...he started it.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
How bout a rainbow color scheme to support Whimpy Kitty's "PRIDE" :biggrin:

·
Registered
817 Posts
i think 56 to 4 was the final score, it was bad... EBD reeled up a fish and i swear the minnow had the crappie in the head lock. Maybe his hooks were made of rubber?? I fished out 4 dozen minnows and started on EBD's bucket. Finally i fished out all the minnows and started using EBD's crappie. :wink:

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Whompus Cat said:
i think 56 to 4 was the final score, it was bad... EBD reeled up a fish and i swear the minnow had the crappie in the head lock. Maybe his hooks were made of rubber?? I fished out 4 dozen minnows and started on EBD's bucket. Finally i fished out all the minnows and started using EBD's crappie. :wink:
Put your wadders on because the scat is getting deep. :lol:
Truth to the matter, I did actually feed the fish for about the first hour just to get them schooled up and to make ole Whimpy Kitty feel like he had it going on. Then I turned the heat on and starting bailing them off the stern of the boat 2-3 at a time and even managed to hit WC a couple of times with a few small rat throw backs. Was totally suprised when WC showed up without his famous duck blind gallon of milk and he had to eat his words on giving me crap about running my so called down rigger when I started yanking them off the bottom. On my next outing I will be teaching WC how to bail shad if he is up for another beat down :hammer:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Let me appologize in advance for hijacking this thread but I would like to post something about pods. :lol:

The test run is complete and the results are in...

They met my expectaions but my hopes were dashed. They did lift the rear of the boat about 3" which will help in shallow water situations and they did get the bow down a little when running full throttle, however this was never a real problem. They did help a little for stability but it was minimal and stability was never much of an issue to begin with. There were no leaks in the transom...thank god cause I drilled 13 extra holes in it, at or below the water line, to moount them and replace the wood on the transom.

As for my hopes...I was hoping to gain a LITTLE spead but that did not happen. As it was without them, I get about 20 MPH full throttle with 2 people, dog, battery and no gear. I get the same with the pods.

All in all I am pleased. I will be able to get into shallower water without churning as much mud. I think a few more tests may tell me a little more...such as gas mileage and how much of a difference they make with more weight in the boat.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled programing: The WC/EBD Crappie Smackdown. :rofl:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Whompus Cat said:
yeah sorry about the hi-jack, good deal on the pods DZ, they look proffessional.
Hijack, what do you mean? I was egging it on. It's nice to have some entertainment around here every once in awhile. Especially when it doesn't get out of hand. Like I said before, carry on. Hey, if you ever need a student for a Crappie Lesson let me know. I'll gladly supply the minners and suds (or milk if you prefer).

·
Registered
817 Posts
fished again today and wore them out. I caught one today that was FULL of minnows. I bet there were 25 minnows in his stomach and the crappie told me to tell EBD he said hello. DZ i've got plenty of time, let me know when you want to fish.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.