Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend and I are planning to make a boat for calm water duck hunting. The boat is around 4 ft wide and 10 feet long, flat bottem. We are 14 years old, so not very big people. Does anyone think this will or won't work?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I totally agree with Ram and Quack....Last summer I picked up a little 10 foot jon, with oars, swivel seats, carpeted floor, seat cushions, battery and a 40 lb electric for $250.......in essence the boat was 'free' considering the overall 'replacement' costs (the battery and motor were only two years old).....check your local classifieds in earnest at the end of the summer, that's when the best deals can be had.....also, look at poeple's yards....if you see a boat untouched for awhile, stop by and make a reasonable cash offer....I scored a 16 footer with a brand new in the box 28hp with gear/throttle/steering for little more than a "song".

If it is important to make one yourself (I would now but never at your age....too bad for me!) there are many plans out there. Check Field & Stream under 'one man duck boat' search....they gave plans and all in an article with pics! Otherwise, most plans will cost at least $25.

I am making a foam core fiberglass this summer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.