Duck Hunting Forum banner

Does anyone out there feed Royal Canin?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  brdprey 
#1 ·
How many of you feed Royal Canin? Wondering if I'm alone? Your opinion on it? Most people around my area haven't herd of it.

#3 ·
My father tried it with his GSP and the dog did not do well on it. They go into some of the scientifics on how they use corn, the good parts, and charge you an arm and a leg in my area (petsmart and petco carry it). Personally I read about it and saw corn as a main ingredient and said no way. It is your call though, see how your dog does with it as every dog and dog ahndler has a different opinion on what is best. Here is their website :
http://www.royalcanin.us/

#4 ·
Below are some of the top large breed puppy food's and where corn falls in there list of ingredients along with the protein%. I like to have a high protein % in my dogs food to build muscle fast. These 2 things were important to me when I was picking out a puppy food.

Corn / Protein

Purina Pro Plan Large Breed = #3 / 28%
Purina Puppy Chow large breed = #1 / 27%
Purina One Growth & Dev. = #3 / 28%
Pedigree Healthy Start = #1 / 27%
Eukanuba Puppy Large Breed = #2 / 26%
Iams Large Breed Puppy = #2 / 26%
Hills Science Diet Large Breed = #1 / 26%
Natural Choice Large Beed Puppy = #3 / 28%
Royal Canin Maxi Puppy 32 = #4 / 32%

O_E_J I don't know what you feed your dog, but I would be interested to here how it compares. I have also posted a pic of one of my dogs that was fed Royal Canine Maxi Puppy 32 (9 Months old)
http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/album_pa ... pic_id=370

#5 ·
:salude: nice looking pup.
you can add me to your list. i may not like the price but for "tanner" it seems to be doing fine for him , i digital is broke other wise i would show you. i like it, he seems to be doing fine with it. we tried iams and he had the toots, he never has with this.
so..........welcome royal dogness.............

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.