Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I sure think so. The most overlooked aspect of field hunting is concealment. If you're not going to use a blind, make sure you have some decoys around you to break you up, and that your camo is a VERY close match to the field or you'll stick out.

Once you hunt out of a blind, you'll never go back. ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have any green cane patches near you? Green cane grows natural here in west KY. We just find the bushy stuff, pick it, and pack it to where ever we are hunting. You dont need alot, a nice bundle will go along way. As far as your question....concelment is a must. All birds, including ducks, see in color even though they are more sensitive to ultra violet. Stay away from anything blue

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I'd like to know if any of you use a goose chair and if so what do you think of them?

Be a sport take a goose to dinner.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Say you set up on the local lake, besides a boat blind, what do you use?

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Most of my goose hunting has been done on water and we set up a blind on an island or just use the boat with a dozen foating canada goose decoys in a cove or inlet. Just to let you know though we don' t get huge flocks comming in like you folks. A large flock is normally 20 to 50 birds. We also set up for ducks at the same time, mainly Blacks and Mallards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts