Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 3 yr old lab that i am wanting to take snow goose hunting with me next year and was going to get him a dog blind but he has never hunted out of any kind of dog blind were he was by himself he has always been right by my side throughout every hunt. what would be the best way to train him to hunt out of the dog blind? also what blind do you guys think is the best? any help would be appriciated

Mallardman92

·
Banned
4,940 Posts
Here's a couple pics of some that I've made :

The frame :

Wrapped with a old tarp :

Burlap and fall foliage :

I also ue the "Kennel" command. I've got to teach my new Choc. to use it now. :no: She's a SPAZ !

·
Registered
521 Posts
I kenneled trained Max when he was little. It was a fairly easy transition to the dog blind. Kennel command and in he goes. He also relaized when he is in there he will probably get a bumper if he waits patiently.

Nick

·
Registered
155 Posts
I use the Mutt Hutt also. Great stubble straps and blends in everywhere with a little brushing. Was fairly easy teaching her to use it. My secret was her ball.. She will do anything for her ball :yes: :yes: :yes:
My command is "get in yer blind"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.