Duck Hunting Forum banner

dog breeders?

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  brokermike 
#1 ·
Looking to buy my first dog next spring id really like to get a chesapeak but am considering labs too. Does anyone know of some breeders in our area with a good reputation..vt or ny...im not worried about the cost just want a good healthy dog. Thanks!

#2 ·
My dog is from Lilly Hill in Calais. I visisted several other potential parents.
I have no complaints, very calm, does not jump, male 65 lbs and great drive. Just needs a better trainer :biggrin:

Write down what qualities you want in a dog and then go see the parents. Don't look at puppies. Like father like son and not all labs are the same.

#3 ·
Where are you located? A friend of mine right now has a male black left of his litter that he would like too see go to a hunter,the father is a champion dock dog,and I believe the mother is too! I was thinking about getting him because my male has been diagnosed with cancer now and I am in need of replacing him,but if I get a pup now it should be ready for duck season this year,but I cannot handle another dog right now and so I am suggesting Jeff too you,he is in Rutland Vt,and if you are interested,I can connect you guys! I believe they are looking to get 600-650? AKC registered! Let me know!

#4 ·
pete/pmr said:
Where are you located? A friend of mine right now has a male black left of his litter that he would like too see go to a hunter,the father is a champion dock dog,and I believe the mother is too! I was thinking about getting him because my male has been diagnosed with cancer now and I am in need of replacing him,but if I get a pup now it should be ready for duck season this year,but I cannot handle another dog right now and so I am suggesting Jeff too you,he is in Rutland Vt,and if you are interested,I can connect you guys! I believe they are looking to get 600-650? AKC registered! Let me know!
Mean looking black and chocolate pups! But I am not sure there are any left.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.