Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I get ready to feed my pup and my little girl (9) says Daddy I already fed Kyla. Well I was glad she did then I asked her how much she fed her. She said 6 cups! I paused and looked at her and asked again... she said 6 cups. I asked her why and she said Kyla just kept eating and eating. All I could think about was what was to come next. This was at 7pm, 16 Feb.

Fast forward 7 hours to 2am, 17 Feb.

I awake from a nice sleep and smell something funky. I look about and my girlfriend is out cold so I get up to look. Cat, sleeping, check, kids, sleeping, check, bathroom, empty, no clogs, check, so I venture downstairs. The stank is getting worse and I start to say in my head "please God no, please God no, etc, etc." I get in to the kitchen and flip on the light, there is my pup, laid out on one side of her kennel, and on the other side is two nice piles of poo. The smell is god-awful. Out side she goes, I start to clean. I think "I should go get Jo and make her clean this, she fed her so much." but no, I can not do that.

30 minutes later I am done, kennel has been wiped clean, and I can not sleep. Throught I would post up a 2am story. Guess I will go kill some time in Call of Duty 4 till I become tired again.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Look at it this way.....at least your daughter wants to try and help; wait till they become teenagers. :sad:
.....but I would set her down and explain to her the why of feeding the right amount. :wink:

·
Banned
4,940 Posts
Thats exactly why I'm the only one that feeds the Dawgs.
Some Labs will eat until they explode ! :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.