Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my third and limit filling bird of the season yesterday morning. He wasn't huge but I was glad to get him. He had a 9 1/2" beard, 1/2" spurs and weighed 15lbs. Daddy killed a goodun this morning, too. 10 1/2" brd, 1' spurs and 18lbs. From now on I will just be calling for some lucky gunman that gets to shoot the next lustful tom. :laughing:

·
Registered
883 Posts
It SUX right now! SE Kansas has been horrible, hope Missouri is better. They are hened up really bad in this area right now.
:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
572 Posts
okay you guys are killing me with all these turkey hunting stories. This is the first year in 10 years I haven't been able to get out and I am going nuts, if weren't for dog training I would would be depressed. Congrates on filling your tags.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
shrpshtr said:
ga, when do you want me to come down? :thumbsup: congrats on filling all of your tags.
We might could work out something next year. That is if you are willing to swap a duck hunt for it. I will be honest, though. This season has been an unbelievable season. I usually get just 1 or 2 birds a year. I haven't been skunked in 10yrs, but it is still isn't as easy as it sounds. On the other hand, I always try to hold out for good birds. I could have limited out nearly every other year, but I didn't want to shoot jakes. My buddy just stopped by about 10 minutes ago with a good bird. 18 1/2lbs. 2 beards and good spurs. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
gahunter said:
shrpshtr said:
ga, when do you want me to come down? :thumbsup: congrats on filling all of your tags.
We might could work out something next year. That is if you are willing to swap a duck hunt for it. I will be honest, though. This season has been an unbelievable season. I usually get just 1 or 2 birds a year. I haven't been skunked in 10yrs, but it is still isn't as easy as it sounds. On the other hand, I always try to hold out for good birds. I could have limited out nearly every other year, but I didn't want to shoot jakes. My buddy just stopped by about 10 minutes ago with a good bird. 18 1/2lbs. 2 beards and good spurs. :thumbsup:
ga, i'd be glad to swap a duck hunt for it. maybe you can come up here and help me find some... :thumbsup: seriously though, we just don't have them around here unless it is an unusually cold winter and then it's only on days when they are shooting private ponds, scwa lands, etc. we can try though...

PM me and we'll discuss in detail. i would absolutely be interested in it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.