Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have 35 bucks burning a hole in my pocket and can't find a better way to use it than buying a duck call, more into double reeds, I think they sound better. Already have a varient of the dr-85 and love it, but was looking at the duck commander line of calls. Right now, I'm looking at the mule, or the cut down reacher. I don't know if the cut-down reacher is a double reed, but I know that it is what the duck commander used in duckmen 7 and I thought it sounded pretty good, any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
killindux said:
You don't have to spend 35 bones for a good call. :thumbsup:
True enough, but $35 ain't that much to get quality. I'd rather have a $50 call that sounds good and brings them in than a $20 call that sounds like a party horn :toofunny:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cheap and Good sounding.... Hmm... Haydel's DR-85 and the Original Primos wench. I have both on my lanyard and hell if i havent made other peoples 100$ calls sound like crap when im callin the ducks into my deaks over their 4+ dozen deaks and wing spinnin goofy ducks... Both are 13-15$ and every one of my friends i hunt with have both. Haven't found anything that cheap and quality in any other calls. Both can handle a super loud long hail call all the way down to a quiet short note hail and you gotta love the raspyness (i dont think i spelled this correct but whatever) Good luck :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.