Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DOES ANYBODY OUT THERE FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT DU AS WE DO DOWN HERE IN THE SOUTH. I'M NOW A DELTA WATERFOWLER

·
Registered
1 Posts
I guess it is a good thing there are different opinions among us. I am in full support of D.U.,and don`t agree with delta waterfowl.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whiskers said:
I guess it is a good thing there are different opinions among us. I am in full support of D.U.,and don`t agree with delta waterfowl.
WELL I GUESS IT'S OK TO YOU THAT THEY SHORT STOP THE DUCKS FROM COMING ALL THE WAY DOWN HERE IN LA. IF YOU ONLY NEW ABOUT WHAT DU DOES YOU WOULDN'T BE SO SUPPORTIVE. DID YOU KNOW THAT THEY PAY THE FARMERS TO CUT EVERY OTHER ROW OF CORN OR RICE OR WHATEVER THEY PAYT THEM TO FLOOD THAT SAME FIELD AND HUNT IT!!!!!! WHERE I COME FROM THAT'S ILLEGAL DID YOU KNOW THAT THEY RECIRICULATE TO WATER TO KEEP IT FROM FREZZING SO THE DUCKS DOWN COME THIS FOR SOUTH. THEY WILL DOWN PAY IT BUT IVE SEEN IT. WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS WRONG AND THEY ARE MESSING WITH THE NATURAL MIGRATION ALSO. DELTA WATEFOWL IS INTO STOPPING PRETATORS, MAKING DUCK BOXES FOR DUCK TO LAY IN ABOUT GROUND AWAY FROM PRETATORS STUFF LIKE THAT SO FU DU

·
Registered
4 Posts
I believe both are very important to the future of hunting in the USA. Instead of fighting each other as to which is better or worse, maybe we should all concentrate on what we can do to make hunting better for everyone. I hope this doesn't add fuel to the fire but, just remember who RAISES the majority of ducks that VISIT the south.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don;t know too much about the disagreement betweent DU and delta, but i have read a few things about delta. I am not from the south and I am a member of DU. I believe that there are many different ways to execute concervation, but there is no way to tell what works the best with out experimenting. DU is trying something that is different, while DElta is also.

From what i know delta is encorporating predator management

Now in my eyes if DU does stop soem ducks short of down south, some will go all the way but others won;t. Eventually i would expect that this addition of wintering grounds will help increase the number of duck in the long run. It might take some away from farther south for a few years, but then it will even out.

If i am completely missing soemthing let me know because i would like to know more about this and hear peoples opinions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DOES THE WORD B S MEAN ANYTHING TO YA. HOW IN THE WORLD IS IT POSSIBLE TO STOP MILLIONS OF DUCKS FROM DOING WHAT THEY HAVE DONE FOR MILLIONS OF YEARS..........MIGRATE SOUTH. DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOUR READ OR ARE TOLD. MILLIONS OF DUCKS AND GEESE MIGRATE DUE TO THE CONDITIONS ON THEIR HOME RANGE. WHEN THE FOOD RUNS LOW OR THE ICE BUIDS UP TO PREVENT FEEDING THEY FLY SOUTH LOOKING FOR BETTER FEEDING GROUNDS. THATS ALL THERE IS TO IT. THE NUMBER OF BIRDS REACHING THE MOST SOUTHERN STATES HAS BEEN LOW THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS DUE TO THE MILD WINTERS FARTHER NORTH. SINCE THE BIRDS COULD CONTINUE TO FEED DUE TO A LACK OF HEAVY ICE, THEY HAD NO NEED TO FLY ANY FARTHER SOUTH THAN THE MID STATES.

LAST YEAR, I HAD ONE PERSON IN MINNESOTA TELL ME THAT HE WAS UPSET LAST WINTER BECAUSE HE COULD NOT GO ICE FISHING BECAUSE THE THE MILD WINTER HAD NOT FROZEN THE LAKES. HE STATED THE LAKES AND RIVERS WERE OVERCROWDED WITH WATERFOWL LATE IN WINTER BECAUSE THEY HAD NO REASON TO LEAVE.

I DO HAVE ONE COMPLAINT AGAINST DU. ONE PROJECT THEY ARE SPENDING MONEY ON HERE IS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC, BUT THE LAND OWNER IS ALLOWED TO HUNT THE PROPERTY EVERY DAY. SOME WOULD SAY THE OWNER HAS THE RIGHT BECAUSE HE ALLOWED DU TO COME IN AND DO THE WORK. I SAY IF DU IS SPENDING THE MONEY, EITHER NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO HUNT, OR IT SHOULD BE A PUBLIC ACCESS. MAYBE I'M WRONG, BUT IT DOESN'T SEEM RIGHT THAT SO MUCH OF EVERYONE'S MONEY IS BEING SPENT, AND ONLY A FEW VIP'S ARE ALLOWED TO BENEFIT.

·
Registered
21 Posts
MAYBE I'M WRONG said:
If i was the land owner i would expect to be able to hunt it if i let them use my land, and at the same time i wouldn;t want it to be a public hunting ground. I agree with you that it kind of sucks to not be able to hunt an area that the DU has set up while others can, but i think they the DU expects that they are benifiting the duck population as a whole even with a few people hunting the area.

I would also think that they should regulate how much the area can be hunted by the owner and who and how many "friends" can hunt wiht the owner on the land. Maybe have them sign an agreement to only take X amount of birds from the area a year or only hunt certain dates to give the ducks some type of refuge during the peak of the season.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I CAN SEE BOTH POINTS. I JUST THINK DU SHOULD DEVELOP LAND MORE AS A REFUGE THAN A HUNTING CLUB.
I SEE THEM ON THEIR TV SHOW GOING ALL OVER THE WORLD TO HUNT ON "THEIR" DU PROJECTS. THE PRESIDENTS AND VICE PRESIDENTS MUST HAVE AN UNLIMITED BUDGET TO BE ABLE TO FLY AND HUNT ALL OVER THE WORLD LIKE THEY DO. IT MUST BE ONE HECK OF A JOB.

IF I WAS A LAND OWNER AND I WAS APPROACHED BY DU TO USE MY PROPERTY FOR A PROJECT WHAT WOULD MY DECISION BE ??

LET'S SEE: DU WANTS TO COME ON MY LAND, SPEND HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF THEIR DOLLARS (OR MORE). THEN, WHEN THEY COMPLETE THE PROJECT, ME AND MY BUDS GET TO HUNT IT EVERY DAY. AND THIS WHOLE THING WON'T COST ME A DIME ?? HMMMMMMM
WHAT SHOULD I DO ??? WHAT SHOULD I DO ???????

YEA...............GO AHEAD, I GUESS I'LL TAKE A CHANCE. JUST BE SURE TO TURN IN YOUR GATE KEY WHEN YA'LL ARE THRU.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
timmey9 said:
I don;t know too much about the disagreement betweent DU and delta, but i have read a few things about delta. I am not from the south and I am a member of DU. I believe that there are many different ways to execute concervation, but there is no way to tell what works the best with out experimenting. DU is trying something that is different, while DElta is also.

From what i know delta is encorporating predator management

Now in my eyes if DU does stop soem ducks short of down south, some will go all the way but others won;t. Eventually i would expect that this addition of wintering grounds will help increase the number of duck in the long run. It might take some away from farther south for a few years, but then it will even out.

If i am completely missing soemthing let me know because i would like to know more about this and hear peoples opinions.
WELL I THINK YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEAL WHAT THE PRESIDENT & VICE PRES. MAKES A YEAR WITH DU. AT LEAST 500,000 THAT'S WHERE YOUR $$ ARE GOING DU WILL TRY IN EVERY WAY TO SHORT STOP THE DUCKS FROM COMING THIS FAR SOUTH BECAUSE IN THE PAST WE ARE THE ONE KILLING THE MAJORITY OF THE DUCKS SO YOU FIGURE IT OUT

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LEADHEAD said:
DOES THE WORD B S MEAN ANYTHING TO YA. HOW IN THE WORLD IS IT POSSIBLE TO STOP MILLIONS OF DUCKS FROM DOING WHAT THEY HAVE DONE FOR MILLIONS OF YEARS..........MIGRATE SOUTH. DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOUR READ OR ARE TOLD. MILLIONS OF DUCKS AND GEESE MIGRATE DUE TO THE CONDITIONS ON THEIR HOME RANGE. WHEN THE FOOD RUNS LOW OR THE ICE BUIDS UP TO PREVENT FEEDING THEY FLY SOUTH LOOKING FOR BETTER FEEDING GROUNDS. THATS ALL THERE IS TO IT. THE NUMBER OF BIRDS REACHING THE MOST SOUTHERN STATES HAS BEEN LOW THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS DUE TO THE MILD WINTERS FARTHER NORTH. SINCE THE BIRDS COULD CONTINUE TO FEED DUE TO A LACK OF HEAVY ICE, THEY HAD NO NEED TO FLY ANY FARTHER SOUTH THAN THE MID STATES.

LAST YEAR, I HAD ONE PERSON IN MINNESOTA TELL ME THAT HE WAS UPSET LAST WINTER BECAUSE HE COULD NOT GO ICE FISHING BECAUSE THE THE MILD WINTER HAD NOT FROZEN THE LAKES. HE STATED THE LAKES AND RIVERS WERE OVERCROWDED WITH WATERFOWL LATE IN WINTER BECAUSE THEY HAD NO REASON TO LEAVE.

I DO HAVE ONE COMPLAINT AGAINST DU. ONE PROJECT THEY ARE SPENDING MONEY ON HERE IS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC, BUT THE LAND OWNER IS ALLOWED TO HUNT THE PROPERTY EVERY DAY. SOME WOULD SAY THE OWNER HAS THE RIGHT BECAUSE HE ALLOWED DU TO COME IN AND DO THE WORK. I SAY IF DU IS SPENDING THE MONEY, EITHER NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO HUNT, OR IT SHOULD BE A PUBLIC ACCESS. MAYBE I'M WRONG, BUT IT DOESN'T SEEM RIGHT THAT SO MUCH OF EVERYONE'S MONEY IS BEING SPENT, AND ONLY A FEW VIP'S ARE ALLOWED TO BENEFIT.
WELL WHAT DO YOU THINK SHORT STOPPING MEANS. EVERYTHING WAS FROZEN LAST WINTER IN ARK. EXCEPT FOR THE FIELDS THAT DU HUNTS OR HAS TO HUNT OR WHATEVER YOU SAY IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO SHORT STOP, HEAT PONDS WELL THEY DON'T HEAT THE POND THEY RECIRCULATE THE WATER INTO THE GROUND WITH PUMPS. SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES ON THERE OWN TV SHOW. & YOU SAY IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO SHORT STOP BY FEEDING WELL WHEN YOU PAY FARMER TO NOT CUT EVERY OTHER ROW OF CORN, RICE OR OTHER GRAINS. THEY DON'T HAVE TO COME WAY DOWN SOUTH HENCE S H O R T S T O P P ING

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
webfoot1 said:
I believe both are very important to the future of hunting in the USA. Instead of fighting each other as to which is better or worse, maybe we should all concentrate on what we can do to make hunting better for everyone. I hope this doesn't add fuel to the fire but, just remember who RAISES the majority of ducks that VISIT the south.
WHO DU? HA

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lighten up Francis!!!!!!!!!! You are the one missing the point. If DU members want to give all thier money to the EXECS, LET'EM!!!!. Isn't that the idea to STOP the ducks so we can harvest them!!! C'mon get with the program. I'm tired of hearing you people bitch about something YOU CAN'T CONTROL. MOVE ON WITH LIFE pal. Just be happy that you have ducks to shoot. Remember it's a privilege NOT a right.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
webfoot1 said:
Lighten up Francis!!!!!!!!!! You are the one missing the point. If DU members want to give all thier money to the EXECS, LET'EM!!!!. Isn't that the idea to STOP the ducks so we can harvest them!!! C'mon get with the program. I'm tired of hearing you people bitch about something YOU CAN'T CONTROL. MOVE ON WITH LIFE pal. Just be happy that you have ducks to shoot. Remember it's a privilege NOT a right.
ARE YOU A DU MEMBER??? IF DU WOULD JUST LET THINGS HAPPEN IN THE NATURAL MIGRATION WE WOULDN'T BE DISCUSS THESE THINGS. THAT'S THE PROBLEM WE DON'T HAVE DUCKS TO SHOOT AT. WE HAVE THE WEATHER THE FOOD BUT NO DUCKS OR VERY FEW. PEOPLE DOWN HERE WOULD LIKE TO SEE PEOPLE LIKE U & DU SWING FOR WHAT THEY ARE DOING BUDDY. WE DON'T TAKE IT LIGHTLY. ITS A WAY OF LIFE FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE DOWN HERE. AS ANYWHERE ELSE. AND WHAT'S NEXT ARE THEY GOING TO CONTROL WHERE, HOW & HOW MUCH WE CAN DO. YOU NEED A CUP OF SHUT THE F UP IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT U R TAKING ABOUT. ANWSER THIS "WHY DOESN'T DU DO SOMETHING ABOUT PREATOR CONTROL INSTEAD OF SPENDING $$ FOR WATER PUMPS OR PAYING FARMERS???

·
Registered
21 Posts
LANDN said:
ARE YOU A DU MEMBER??? IF DU WOULD JUST LET THINGS HAPPEN IN THE NATURAL MIGRATION WE WOULDN'T BE DISCUSS THESE THINGS. THAT'S THE PROBLEM WE DON'T HAVE DUCKS TO SHOOT AT. WE HAVE THE WEATHER THE FOOD BUT NO DUCKS OR VERY FEW. PEOPLE DOWN HERE WOULD LIKE TO SEE PEOPLE LIKE U & DU SWING FOR WHAT THEY ARE DOING BUDDY. WE DON'T TAKE IT LIGHTLY. ITS A WAY OF LIFE FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE DOWN HERE. AS ANYWHERE ELSE. AND WHAT'S NEXT ARE THEY GOING TO CONTROL WHERE, HOW & HOW MUCH WE CAN DO. YOU NEED A CUP OF SHUT THE F UP IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT U R TAKING ABOUT. ANWSER THIS "WHY DOESN'T DU DO SOMETHING ABOUT PREATOR CONTROL INSTEAD OF SPENDING $$ FOR WATER PUMPS OR PAYING FARMERS???
Wow if you don;t like what DU is doing try and do soemthign about it rather than bitch at people on a online forum that only has like 60 members. If you want to show you care go out and do something about it. I am tired of all these people complaining about DU and not doing anything about it other than complaining. As long is read complaints like yours full of threats instead of reasoning i am going to support DU in full just so you get less ducks. If you are going too ack like a little kid having a tantrum you really don't deserve the right to duck hunt.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NOW, NOW BOYS. CALM DOWN. HUNTING SEASON WILL BE HERE BEFORE YA KNOW IT, AND LIFE WILL BE GOOD AGAIN.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
timmey9 said:
LANDN said:
Wow if you don;t like what DU is doing try and do soemthign about it rather than bitch at people on a online forum that only has like 60 members. If you want to show you care go out and do something about it. I am tired of all these people complaining about DU and not doing anything about it other than complaining. As long is read complaints like yours full of threats instead of reasoning i am going to support DU in full just so you get less ducks. If you are going too ack like a little kid having a tantrum you really don't deserve the right to duck hunt.
WITH A NAME LIKE TIMMEY NO WONDER YOUR SUCH A JERK OFF U DON'T KNOW SQUAT SO SHUT YOUR F 'N HOLE TIMMEY OR JIMMEY U SNAPPER HEAD, YOU PROABABLY VOTED FOR CLINTON DIDN'T YOU, TWICE

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
LEADHEAD said:
NOW, NOW BOYS. CALM DOWN. HUNTING SEASON WILL BE HERE BEFORE YA KNOW IT, AND LIFE WILL BE GOOD AGAIN.
THE SAME GOES FOR YOU LEADHEAD OR LEADBRAIN OR IS IT LEADASS

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OUCH....................THAT HURT LANDN. NO NEED TO GET PERSONAL.

COUNTING YOU.....THERE ARE 61 PEOPLE USING THIS "STUPID SITE", NOT 60, EVER THOUGHT ABOUT THAT ?????

WHAT DO YA HUNT ANYWAYS, POOLDOOS ?? OR AS YOU PROBABLY CALL THEM COOTS.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
LEADHEAD said:
OUCH....................THAT HURT LANDN. NO NEED TO GET PERSONAL.

COUNTING YOU.....THERE ARE 61 PEOPLE USING THIS "STUPID SITE", NOT 60, EVER THOUGHT ABOUT THAT ?????

WHAT DO YA HUNT ANYWAYS, POOLDOOS ?? OR AS YOU PROBABLY CALL THEM COOTS.
YA KNOW YOUR RIGHT THIS IS A STUPID SITE , THAT MAKES US STUPID. LEAVING YOU CAN STAY.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'M ON MY 7TH YEAR AS A DU SPONSOR PLUS SPENDING 3-400 PER YEAR AT THE BANQUET SO THEY HAVE OVER $4000 OF MY MONEY AND I FEEL LIKE IT HAS BEN WELL SPENT..I ALSO GIVE 50-100 TO DELTA AND APPLAUD WHAT THEY DO..COMPETITION AND DIFFERENT POINTS OF VIEW ARE GOOD FOR THE SPORT..NO ONE EVEN COMES CLOSE TO RAISING MONEY FOR THE DUCKS LIKE DU DOES ; NOT EVEN CLOSE..THEY SET THE STANDARD..THAT MONEY HAS CONSERVED MILLIONS OF ACRES OF COVER..ON THE OTHER HAND DELTA DOESNT RAISE SQUAT AND WONT COMPETE FOR EQUAL $S FOR YEARS TO COME BUT THEY ARE AHEAD OF THE REST IN THE RESEARCH DEPT. DU MUST AVOID SOME OF THE CONTROVERSIAL METHODS OF WILDLIFE MANAGMENT TO KEEP FROM OFFENDING THEIR FINANCIAL SUPPORTERS MANY OF WHOM DO NOT HUNT..DELTA DOES NOT HAVE THAT PROBLEM BECAUSE IT IS JUST NOW LEARNING TO RAISE FUNDS ..WHAT WE NEED IS TO PERSUADE DU TO IMPLEMENT SOME OF DELTAS PROGRAMS AND LET BOTH GROUPS WORK TOGETHER FOR THE FUTURE... AS FOR DU SHORTSTOPPING DUCKS...QUIT BLAMING A BAD SEASON ON DU...LEARN TO TRAVEL TO THE DUCKS CAUSE ITS ALL ABOUT THE WEATHER...YOU JUST MAKE YOURSELF LOOK STUPID BLAMING DU...WHERE DID YOU GET THAT IDEA; IN THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER???

1 - 20 of 28 Posts