Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Know this is probably an old question but i got to know. when setting mallard dekes. how should they be arranged when it comes to sex. should the be sort of paired drake and hen within the groups. or just randomly placed. also should there be the same number of each in a spread?

· Registered
1,896 Posts
All it is, is a opinion. Some say pair them up, some say use a variety, heck who knows. Do what you want, play around with what set up you like and see what works best for you. :thumbsup:

· Registered
2,183 Posts
I had one dozen more hens then I did drakes for most of the season (company will remain nameless so I don't pi$$ people off), and we killed more ducks this year than ever before. 2 years ago I had one dozen more drake decoys thanks to paint problems (different company), and killed ducks everytime I went out. I don't think it matters. When our season opened earlier last year all we took were hens dekes and we killed plenty of ducks. Again, I don't think it matters one bit.

· Registered
452 Posts
i once noticed mallards on water with all the drakes together and hens spread out and feeding. so if im in a feeding situation i will set up some of the drakes together not all. but i always set up the hens spread out with one by herself.

had

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.