Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
A couple of years ago I bought a 14' Alumaweld boat and built it the way I wanted it. It had the three bench seats with a 12" deck in the front of the boat. I bought a plastic hatch and liner from Cabelas or maybe Bass Pro Not really sure. Then cut a hole in the middle bench seat using a "jig saw". After I cut the hole I had to remove the foam that filled the seat to accomidate the plastic liner. I did this with a sheet rock saw and a sharp wood chisel. I set in the liner and then attached the lid and attached it to the bench. It works well for storage during duck season and as a live well during the summer.
I also wanted a fishing deck in the front of the boat for the summer. I used some Heavy Guage Metal Studs and Track to frame the floor. I placed them on 12" centers and screwed the track a 1/2" below the top of the existing bench seats. Then I decked it with 1/2" treated plywood and covered the plywood with indoor outdoor carpet.
I have since sold the boat and am working on a new one. I hope this helps you out.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.