Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bunch so I will save your eyes at least for now.
What calls do you own, like or want to own ?
how many do you have?
Do you like wood, polycarb, acrylic, delrin......?
how much would you spend?
Am I nuts for spending all this money on acrylics?
Do you wish I would quit talking about calls?

I will be happy if any Utah residents answers any of my questions.

Well Back to Idaho, see you all on Thurs.
Bret

·
Registered
23 Posts
I will tell you that if I didnt have a truck payment I would be buying acrylic definately! I think they sound alot better. I do have to say though that Primos has the best calls at the best price. Almost every call I own is from Primos. I just havent seen anything else beat em'

My .02$

·
Registered
23 Posts
I like acrylic calls, but I definitely think that wood calls are some of the best looking calls you can own. I like acrylic calls for their volume and clarity. I also like that acrylics will not swell like wood has a tendency to do. All the goose calls that I have hanging on my lanyard are Hammerdown calls(HD pro-staffer) and they are all acrylic. I would like it if HD would do a wood call. I think that wood calls are really great for getting soft lower tones for when birds work close and in the fog. I don't own any delrin calls, but I have blown the HD delrin calls and they rock! If I was looking for a cheaper call, It would be a delrin call over a poly. Just my .02

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.