Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I would like to find some good goose and duck hunting on Vancouver Island. If anybody knows where to go I would appreciate the information.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

North Island or south? East side or west? Any particular time frame? Lots of birds here on the south end but access is tricky. Upper Island some of the bigger estuaries on both the east & west sides can be pretty good.

So are you just looking to expand your horizons a bit or get away from those deep freeze Alberta winters for a bit? :smile:

RC

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi RC
Thanks for the reply I would like to find some good duck and goose hunting. It does not matter where I hunt on the island as long as it can be productive. Do you have any spefic ares to go to ie. towns bays Islands.
Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks alot,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Blue Sky said:
Hi RC
Thanks for the reply I would like to find some good duck and goose hunting. It does not matter where I hunt on the island as long as it can be productive. Do you have any spefic ares to go to ie. towns bays Islands.
Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks alot,
Hi I have the same problem - just moved to Victoria and the only place I know is Cowichan Bay!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Tofino inlet used to be famous for it's goose shooting,and can still have plenty of birds but you need local knowledge,and a boat to get around,Most East coast estuaries from Cowichan to Nimpkish have wintering widgeon,pins,and mallards,but public access can be difficult.Brant are now closed completely on V.I.Your best bet would be to speak to the staff in the better Island fishing and shooting stores,and try and get some local input.Areas I would check would be Courtnay,Campbell R.,and Port Hardy.Good luck,Brant

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,

This is my first time here and I know this is a very old post but I feel its worth a shot ( Pun intended ). I just started hunting waterfowl and was hoping somebody, anybody can point me in a direction to do some hunting for ducks/Geese in the south vancouver island area?

Thanks a bunch:)

S

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.