Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am kinda stealing thaner's idea here. (sorry man). i don't have much of a call collection because i just recently began calling. i think it is time to fix that now that i can call half-way decent (i'm not winning any calling championships yet that is for sure). so, i will be picking up several calls over the next few weeks/months to see which one's are the best. (at least in my opinion, which carries no weight, ANYWHERE!) anyone and everyone is invited to take a call and evaluate it and post their opinions in the thread. i'll start off with my latest.

NASTY BOY - Southern Game Calls:

i picked this call up this weekend for 20% off of $29.99. right off the bat, the price was right. when i started actually trying to blow it, what a duck call. this thing blows great. i was really impressed after spending about 10 minutes with it. it has a good volume to be a timber/marsh call, a nice "ducky" sound, and the range is very strong. to me, it even hails pretty cleanly. it takes about the same amount of pressure to blow as an echo timber, but the rolling feed is just a little tougher. it may just take a little getting used to. overall though, this thing blows away the echo by leaps and bounds. for the money, i am really impressed.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
796 Posts
This past Monday, I had the privilege of buying a RNT Daisy Cutter at a sale price of $44.95+tax. This call is a Bois' D Arc which goes for about $85 off of the RNT website, but can be found cheaper. This call takes some getting used to, but after you tame it it's AWESOME! It has the same barrel as the short barrel, but the same insert as the originals. This call should fit and feel sweet to anyone! You can be loud and aggressive or soft and subtle. Put your own voice into your quacks and have fun with this little puppy. Many different tones can be achieved, from a quack with a little Cajun squeal on the end, or a nasally, raspy quack of that younger hen. This call prouduces lightning-fast rolling feeders like nobodys business. Basically, I am stunned this call is awesome and with GET "ER DONE in anybodys book. Basically, try-it, buy-it,call-em, and kill-em with the Daisy Cutter by RNT.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
:eek: frazier2209, Where did you get that deal? Do they have more and will they ship?

Nice post. This is the kind of info I would like to see about calls and other equipment. Not just which one you like, but why you like it, what it's qualities are, and how it compares with others you have. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
796 Posts
wingshot, that is the acrylic ones. The Bois' D Arc are only like $83 on the RNT website. In response to thaner, I'm not sure if they have any more, but I know they will ship. Their info, (cause everyone keeps pming me) is:
Legends Outdoor Advantage
2110 Congress Parkway
Athens, TN 37303
(423) 746-2321
Ask for Brett Taylor or somebody that can help you with duck calls, :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Just picked up a tall timber II the other day. It blows nice, but not as raspy as the Double Nasty II, which is my favorite budget double reed. The tall timber II has good range and a great feed call. It is very similar to the quackhead original for sound and quality. The quackhead has a little more clearance between the reed an tone board so my wet test produced a stick with the tall timber that I didn't get with the quackhead, but it is very stick resistant compared to some others I have tried. I think the quackhead has a little more rasp. I am sticking with the quackhead, but will keep the tall timber because it is a good call and I would use it for a backup and practice call. The tall timber is a good call and I would recommend it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quackhead - Rich 'N Tone

I won this call at auction on ebay for $17 including shipping. i have been wanting one of these calls for a couple of months. i cannot tell you have good this call is. if the high-end RnT's are any better, they are worth $200 or $300 a piece. man does this thing sound good. the quack is raspy, it rolls good, easy to blow, doesn't stick. i can't find a weakness in it. it actually taught me a few things about my own calling. i can't call near as good as i thought i could with the other 2 calls. i don't get the ring you hear from most callers. that's something i will have to work on. the clarity of this call is also very impressive.

it's #1 on my lanyard. probably will be for awhile until i get into the higher end calls.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
i bought a Quackhead for my brother-in-law as a birthday gift last year. i playd around with it for a bit before wrapping it up. needless to say, he almost didn't get it. lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.