Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Carlson's, the most comprehensive instructional system on call operation. Don't get this unless you are serious about your desire and time.

CD wise, Keith Allen's The Refugeman" is also good, easier to the point. Do a search for Pureduck duck calls.

Getting around good calling and good callers is instrumental. That can at times be the toughest part. Get a functional call, not one that you've seen on a video or thought it sounded good. How do you do that? Figure out your approach, and again get around good calling and callers. Some of the contest Cal has is a good place to start, go to a CWA event and start fishing, or maybe someone on this forum can get ya going.

Good calling is a life long pursuit, particularly when one is talking about reading birds....which is a whole other subject.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
1-800-COLLECT is the cheapest way to call ducks. :biggrin:

·
Registered
6 Posts
WIDGEONATOR said:
1-800-COLLECT is the cheapest way to call ducks. :biggrin:
not sure which wisecrack to make in response to this
a) I tried this but they always decline the charges so I haven't shot anything
b) When they pick up, if you start to understand what they are saying, unload the gun and walk slowly towards the nice man in the white coat
c) I tried this, but the ducks kept telling me to shoot the guy in the other blind

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
How about this one:

(D) I tried that but they keep forwarding me to voice mail.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i self taught myself i go to the parks were people feed mallards bread and id sit in the far corner and listen to a couple of grunts and calls and try to mimic them youll do one of two things

A)scare them off the water and they'll never return

B) start getting better and they will start calling back and even puddle jumping towards you

the cds and dvds confused the hell out of me personally

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.