Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
If you are new, get a Haydel's DR-85. Probably the easiest call to learn on. Probably going to be your best bet.

·
Registered
185 Posts
The Classic Duck Commander is a sure fire call, easy to use and inexpensive and sounds good. Also the Primos Wench is great inexpensive call. The main thing is that you learn how to use the call you get well before you hit the field.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have used a mallard tone and a Primos wench with good results for years. I bought my son a Haydel DR-85 and he sounds great especially for his first duck call. I liked it so much I bought one for myself. I have also heard alot of good about the Duck Commander calls. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the calls mentioned so far to your response.

·
Registered
772 Posts
My first call was the Duck Commander Classic Commander. I have had plenty of duck calls but the only one that never comes of my lanyard is that one. I actually prefer it over my BGB. And depending where I am I would pick it over my RNT Original.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Hmmmm... I took is question to mean which call to use, not brand of call. I'd use mostly feeder and greeter calling myself. A softer hail call to catch their attention, but be carefull not to over call, as it is big mistake many hunters make. But some days they like a lot of chatter, but other days, minimal calling.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts