Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im lookin right now for a small canoe layout/blind. will be used for small ponds and lakes along with maybe some open water. I really like www.marshrat.com anyone have any other suggestions for something simillar?
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Robber....how 'bout making your own Marshrat....I see that R&R Sports has the plans for $45...I am sure the total cost of materials and your time will be alot less than the cost of a pre-made boat....especially when you add in the freight charges!!!! Heck, it'll be a fun project.

Another alternative is to build one with a foam core fiberglassed over. Pretty easy to do and for a 10 foot boat with a 42" beam and a sit-in cockpit, your cost will be maybe $275....epoxy about $65 a gallon, fiberglass cloth another $50 and the foam will be about $100.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
the marshrats are niiiice. lots of people use them around here. i really am looking into getting one or something like it. Aquapod's are similar.

thanks for posting that info on getting plans to build one...i was just going to ask if anyone had heard of them. might be a better way to go than the 800 bucks or so for a "factory" boat.

·
Registered
4,741 Posts
those puppys are nice!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found one for 600 and buying it as soon as i get my paycheck. Im making my own blind and cover for it and ill let u guys know how it turns out! Any suggestions on a blind. I think i have it pretty well thought out but any other helpful info will help!
Robberwood

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.