Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use these ???? What do you think ???

I have recently bought an "Ole' Raspy" and a "Original Reacher" call.

I also have:

Primos Wench
Big River Magnum Double Reed Acrylic
Big River Duck Buster Double Reed
Mallardtone

·
Registered
196 Posts
I've had the commander thats a cream colored double reed...I kinda liked that call...unusual design

I've blown a mallardtone...thought it was a cheaply made and poor call

but thats just my opinion

·
Registered
271 Posts
I think it is hard to have a BAD Drake Mallard call. While I'm not a fan of the Duck Commander, the only call of his that I own is the whistle (Drake Mallard call). It has held up better than any other that I've had due to the materials & size of it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I blow a "Reacher" that my dad handed down to me, cause I loved it so much when I was a kid. That call is at least 20 years old and is the first call I grab when its time to go to work. I've got a faulks for finishing work, a primos wench that my parents got me, I use it a little to change it up, and an old backwater something or other I use for loud long hail calls across the lake. I could easily take two calls to the blind, my reacher and my faulks, I use my mouth for whistling. I've blown all kinds and used a Weems for awhile, but I will always have a Reacher on my neck.

·
Registered
594 Posts
the duck commander's brown sugar is a great sounding call for up close however, has no volume but is still a good call

I use a Black Max with one of the Original DC200 reeds in it. I changed the reeds because the Black Max was to low pitched, didnt sound right. Its got great sound now and enough volume

i feel the ole raspy sounds terrible and would like no know why anyone would use it, thats my opinion though

·
Registered
594 Posts
actually now since ive gotten to know what real duck calling is about(since i switched to single reeds) duck commanders a cheaply made. they sound fine for double reeds but they dont hold up. if you want a call get single reeds

·
Registered
362 Posts
Ive got the mallard drake call and the cut down and love them both! Mallard drake call is good for late season birds and the cut down is good for when they are close in cause its pretty quite compared to a single reed. Duck commander calls are great, just my .02

·
Registered
7 Posts
i've got the original commander. of all the calls i've ever blown it sounds the most like a duck. i've also got the duck commander whistle. it sounds great. also got the big river wooden goose call and a wood duck. those are all the calls i ever use.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.