Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, guys just thought i would stir something up here...

What kind of duck calls do you use out huntings.. I just like to see what everyone else likes here in IL.

ill start.....

For duck i use my Rnt Orig and a winglock single

For geese i am useing a Winglock SR

I have really started to like the winglocks both for the great sound and great service by Rick Perry

·
Registered
17 Posts
I do the same with the RNT original for ducks.

For geese, I own a bunch of calls ranging from super cheap, to border-line big-bucks, but the one I always seem to put around my neck is the Tim Grounds special which is priced somewhere in the middle. It just seems to sound more goosy and is easy to use.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I have 4 duck call on the lanyard.
1. RNT Original,acrylic
2. RNT Short Barrel, acrylic
3. RNT Original/ double reed,cocobola
4. RNT Timbre, Bois' D Arc
Do you see a pattern? I collect duck calls & these a the 4 I like to use hunting.

Goose calls
1. Foiles Strait Meat Honker
2. Rainman Acrylic
3. B&W Acrlyic
4. P.S. Olt A-50 Flute (best call on a foggy day)
Goose season hasn't started yet for me, but these are the calls I will use.

I do don't carry all 8 at the same time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There are a lot of good calls on the market but I have had a lot of luck with foiles calls. I blow a Strait Meat Honker and a Timber Rattler. For $15 dollars you can't go wrong with a DR-85 from Haydels. Great raspy sound.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Haven't ever really had the need to go with anything too pricey. Just blow an RNT original, and a cheap little poly echo. Sometimes mix in a primos phat lady or yo sista or a duck commander depending on the situation. Also as Krazy said, ya can't go wrong with a Haydel's. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I use a Gander Land'R' Mallard Persuader for duck & a Magnum clucker by Knight & Hale for goose They are on my Bolen Callin Strings Lanyard One of the nicest lanyards I have ever used :salude:

201 Posts
Goose Calls
Foiles SMH
Foiles Market Hunter

Duck Calls
Duck Commander Brown Sugar
Foiles Dead Meat
RNT Daisy Cutter

I use other Duck Commander calls also they have a good raspy sound to them I feel they are great calls for hunting here in Illinois!!!

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I really like WL's from Rick as well.

I have one duck and five goose calls.
You can't tell, that from this pick, but trust me.
I also like HS calls, Southern Game calls, True Tone calls, and Buck Gardner calls.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.