Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow hunters,
I live in southwest Minnesota, and hunt about 6 counties here. I have been hunting waterfowl for about five years now. I am a member of DU and a commitie member, I take a few guy's out goose hunting once in a while, I set up the decoy's, blinds. mosly in fencelines. get a lot of low fliers and the other half land in the decoy's.
Also take some guy's out on the water and in some slough's, if you have some chest wader's you will be fine, mosly teal, some mallards, wigeon, lot of wood ducks, have all the decoy's.
Guy's all you need is a gun, some shell's, and a couple of stamps. and we are hunting. The only other thing you need is $25.00 to go to a DU membership, I get nothing... except the pleasure of seeing new waterfowler in the makeing
You have to be a very safe hunter..........I can tell if you are too......
I don't wan't to get shot, So I will not take a bunch of idiots out hunting.
All in all, for a nice hunt over decoy's in Southwest MN a membership in DU is all you need

I started hunting in Southeast Missouri when I was a little boy. about 10 if I remember right, dad gave me a 22 and I went right for the squirrels, nothin like fried squirrel legs an some biscuits and gravy.
Anyway, I am almost 40 now and have been hunting about 30 yrs so I kinda know what I am doing,, Don't shoot me and I won't shoot you.

·
Registered
672 Posts
might have to hook up with you in the fall am only an hour away. Only problem different state. How much is an out of state liucense0?

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
And if you are already are a member? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
976 Posts
actually knelson, i've really been meaning to re-join with DU and Delts, so I will have to take you up on that offer this fall, as I'm always looking for some new friends to hunt with....seems there are a shortage of the people I know that like to hunt waterfowl! (can't imagine) I'll get back with ya closer in the fall, maybe we can get a few of us together and put faces with names!!! -Chris

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
That would be fun to get a small group of MN guys together for a hunt. :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.