Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it true that duck hunting in North Dakota consists mostly in fields? I'm preparing my duck hunting trip up there and was trying to plan accordingly.

What equipment do I need to bring?

duck hunting freek

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You can get ducks out of the goose decoys in the fields. Scout out the right fields, get permission and you'll do just fine duck hunting up there.

Good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Remember that all of the major roosts aren't protected in North Dakota. If the ducks sleep there during the day...stay away! Otherwise you're burning the ducks for everyone.

Just a duck hunting tip!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What zones in North Dakota have favorable conditions. My buddies are up there and they say that zone one is dry=no water in the potholes. We are going up on friday the 10th and dont want to make a mistake. We have zone one and three on our licenses. Can anyone please tell me of a good area with water please???? Thanks, Duckslayer at [email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
illinois hunter said:
What zones in North Dakota have favorable conditions. My buddies are up there and they say that zone one is dry=no water in the potholes. We are going up on friday the 10th and dont want to make a mistake. We have zone one and three on our licenses. Can anyone please tell me of a good area with water please???? Thanks, Duckslayer at [email protected]
are you there?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Me and two buddies just got back from a trip somewhere near devils lake and we had good success in the fields first morning we got our limit of ducks and canadians by 10 we were even able to choose and wait for green heads. If i was to give a word of advice it would just to make sure you go out the evening before and scout scout scout it makes a big difference.

JP

·
Registered
15 Posts
The second day we did just about as well on the way back we had to work a little more but still had our limit by noon all and all it was a very good time probably the best hunt i have had

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes, it is getting tougher up there.A lot of the local boys dont take too kindly to the non -res because they claim they are shooting the roosts which ive seen both sides do.Im from N.D. and go back every fall for the last 20yrs.and the politics are getting bad.We are fortunate because we have friends and family with posted land,but dont get me wrong,it is still a great state to freelance,besides Canada,but sometimes its like tennisshoe pass to get to spots and beat the caravan of suburbans out to non-posted land

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Shooting the roost is a major No-No in the Dakotas and CA.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts