Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found this chat forum and it looks pretty cool. My buddies and I just got real serious about duck hunting last year, and I have hunted quail in the yakima valley for years and I know that it is supposed to be pretty good for ducks and geese as well, If there is anyone out there that could give me some ideas of areas on where to go to shoot some ducks and geese it would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ok Steelheader, I just had my son in law move to Yakima, any ideas on good places to go? I'll trade some ideas on hunting divers on the lower columbia!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Try the refuge out of Topenish. Most of it is a walk on anywhere thing. But half of it or so is on there Yakima Reservation so a reservation permit is a wise idea. Normally a good bet after the northerns start down until freeze up moves them down to the Columbia. Good luck

·
Registered
135 Posts
The same refuge has upland hunting also. If you get a reservation permit they give you a map. lots of quail around river (lots of snakes also) for roosters you have to knock on doors.

·
Registered
173 Posts
hey i am a duck hunting sob. Waterfowl hunting is my religion almost. I just got done doing the finish touches on my duck boat i am going to hunt the yakima river more this year. I know alot of good areas on the reservation but north yakima i have no clue but i have heard some good things about hunting up there like around gleed and naches and even selah.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Heyguys,
I can set you up for a fort lewis hunt...an excellent fort lewis hunt...if someone wants to share some info on the doves in yakima county. Any info would be great. I haven't shot at anything since the end of duck season last year....I got an itchy trigger finger that I need to square away before the ducks get here.

v/r

1 - 10 of 10 Posts