Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in England ,next to the rivers, when it floods next to leves (Raised banks With gaps) the ducks seem to flood to them (no pun intended!). It creates large puddles of open water. Never been duck shooting in the US. But i was wondering if it is the same over there? :?
I've had some of my best bags on these "splashes". The ducks tend to like feeding here for some reason?. Maybe it's the worms and grubs? on these areas i tend to only use a maximum of a dozen decoys. And i set my hide very low behind the leves. It pulls them in a treat. Has anybody tried it? UK or US or anywhere else for that matter?

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Well lets get this back on track... Yes backwaters are favored by ducks here in the US too. There are macro invertebrates (scuds, fresh water shrimp) along with submerged vegitation that they like to feed on . And these quiet waters are nice for them to loaf around compared to the river with acurrent. Puddlers love waters that are 1' deep or shallower. Sheet water in fields is very deadly for hunting ducks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
327 Posts
let' em try to take the guns......as long as we stand up for our selves there not going to get them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts