Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
The season here is over till next Oct. Bagged 27 ducks and 6 geese none had bands but all were in good shape except for the shot holes. Not a great season but not a bad one all things considered. Hunting partner going through a divorce and my wife sick in and out of hospital. There is always next season if I survive till then.

Keep the sport alive take a kid hunting/fishing.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
ks_waterfowler said:
I am somewhere around 130 ducks. I have shot eight geese (5 canadas, 2 snows). My best year for ducks so far. I have only been out 3 times when I haven't taken a limit.
You the man, my year stinks. Everytime I think I am going to get to go something has come up. I hope Mon. I will get to go. 11 days straight working is killing me :help:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm. I am up to almost 300 ducks this year, but only 4 geese(all snows). I have several pics, but I dont know how to post em up here. This year started off excellent, but has tapered off here at the end.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
i have 2 trips left tell season is over. i have 25 ducks and 3 geese for the year so far. i dont think its to bad. avg. about 2 ducks a trip. i have had alot better years though. 300 ducks :eek: thats unreal i would have to go 60 times and limit out everytime to get that many ducks. i only go about 15 times a year.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I only got out about 6 days this year during the regular season, but got about 20 green heads. That bow hunting thing keeps getting in my way. Oh well three deer makes up for a lot of ducks. Hope to get out more days next year. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello to all,
Bagged about 70 birds this year with 8 being geese. 7 hunts avg about 3-4 hunters. All in TX. I live in Louisiana, but hunt ducks in TX. Louisiana is not the sportsman's paradise you always hear about, unless you are mega rich!! It's cheaper for me to carry a lease in TX than in LA. Avg lease for ducks in LA: $2k-10k a year!!. Anyway, killed more ducks in TX in 7 hunts than I killed in 20 hunts in LA last year.

Big T out!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
This season was great, one of the best in years. I shot over 130 ducks, two sandhill cranes, and five geese. The bay hunting was good the farm ponds were outstanding, and I found that Falcon Lake was a hidden treasure. Luckily where I live we get an extra two month light geese conservation season. We can take the plugs out of our guns and use electronic calls and there are no limits. So now all I have to do is go and scout.

·
Registered
189 Posts
killed about 50 so far, 2 geese, not very good at all realy, I don't count the ducks I shoot that are on other peoples limits, just mine, the guy I goose hunt with goes out three times a week, he's over 70 geese, maybe I need to move to the midwest or texas, money's too good here though caint live in a "Right to work" (for less money) state, would be able to afford to go hunting.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
apparently i am hunting in the wrong places. i have killed 21 ducks and 13 geese. all out of state. i am still trying to work out some local hunting though. even when i do, i think it will be hard to approach some of the numbers seen in this post. 300 ducks? we'd have to limit out every single day of the season to get those numbers. come on...

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
If you stop and think about it 300 birds is a reality. Here in Utah we have 107 days for ducks, 7 ducks a day. If you hunted every day and got a limit that would = 749 birds possible for a season. On geese we are allowed 3 dark and 3 light geese a day and a 107 day season plus a extended 7 day hunt day on cans in a southern county. That could make for a possible 663 geese in the bag for a season.

Just wish I had the time and money to hunt all 107 days. I would probably have to find a new wife if it did happen!

As for me I ended the season with around 200 ducks, 25 dark geese, and 17 white geese. Spectacular season for whites in my neck of the woods but a really slow year for the dark birds.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.