Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys :

Any info on the ducks around Dumas area will be appreciated. I am heading that way Thursday pm and driving 600 miles one way. Are there enough ducks in the area to be considered "normal" or close to normal for this time of year ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I was fishing Sunday at Dumas on the Arkansas river and did not see a single duck flying. I was on the water at daylight. During the freeze we had at Christmas we hunted the river at Dumas and hammered the mallards 2 mornings in a row. They just disappeared after that. I haven't scouted the rice and bean fields around there so I don't know if they are holding in the fields now...or if they just moved on ?!? :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got back Sun. pm....No birds Friday ( in coold rain on LAke Merrisack ).....Scouted Fri. pm and found a few gadwalls. Set up there Sat. am and got 5 gads......Sat pm guided hunt yielded a few birds seen in the air, but none came into our guide's pit blind.....Sun am set up where we saw birds Fri. am and Sat am, but Sun., none came near us. Only saw a few.....Moral is, if the local reports say don't come THEY MEAN IT....Wasted trip really.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sorry that you wasted a trip. :thumbsdown: with the exception of 3 mornings...this season has been a major disappointment so far. I had 3 mornings that everything clicked and got my limit of mallards and scraps quickly. It's funny how 1 good hunt will make the season worth while for me. 2 weekends left in the season... I hope maybe I can hammer them one last time! :smile:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.