Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How often can I give my dog an egg on her food.She seems to have fallen in love with this tasty addition and when I don't put one on it she just gives me the look of "well where's my egg"
It's kind of funny to see

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
My dogs get eggs and steel cut oats for breakfast every morning. Eggs are inexpensive complete protein that are good for you and your dog. Feed your dogs eggs at every meal if you want to know they are getting a good complete protein. Also cans of Sardines are good for protein and calcium and fatty acids, sardines are as cheap as canned dog food. Fresh food wont kill your dog, somehow dogs survived for hundreds of years before Science Diet.

·
Banned
4,940 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I read in a dog handbook for an american eskimo(my mothers future pup) that to a dogs internal system egss were the easiest accessible and could provide better protein than meat, beef was next in the list...Those salmon treats, do you just cut up chunks and dehydrate them by itself or do you soak them or what? I was thinking on starting to smoke my pup meat trimmings when I made moose jerkey I would give some to my gf's lab and he'd go nuts...nothing in there to hurt him and he still got his meat fix

·
Registered
89 Posts
Every time we have eggs at home, the dog always gets one, scrambled. In the rare occasion eggs are made and she doesn't get one she gives us the "***?" look.

Crack an egg in the pan and whip it up with the spatula until done. Then let it sit for a bit or it'll be too hot and the dog will burn itself. Usually mix into her morning food...I feed twice a day.
The whole egg is fine if cooked, unless your dog is a porker and doesn't need the calories.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.