Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
its kind of a catch 22 situation. a lighter gun,you feel more kick, but less kick in a heavier gun. id go to a semi-auto, but as much as i hate to say it, not the 935,because they wernt made to cycle 2-3/4 inch shells, which would probably be better for you to use,considering the recoil predicament. maybe a beretta? you can get used ones pretty reasonable, and the gas-powered action does a great job of bleeding off the recoil. yeah, i just looked in my gun book and the beretta al-390 is the lightest semi-auto at 6.4-7.2 lbs. they are a little spendy,new price, but ive seen them used for well under 500$. if worried about lack of power, get some hevi-shot in 2-3/4 in. no 4's and drop birds way further out than your 3 inch, 2-shot steel shootin buddies. mod choke usually works best. i personally dont use semi autos for duck hunting because the weather gets real nasty were i hunt, and semi-autos are prone to jamming in the cold. just make sure to take alot of extra time to keep your semi auto clean,and you should be ok. ive got a neighbor who loves his al-390, and has shot light loads in it for years, and has had no problems keeping up with the boys.best of luck to you :welcome:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.