Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey!whats up guys I'm new to the site.but just woundering if anyone hunts down south last season,my dad came down from goergia with his duck boat after chrismas and we were able to do some hunting in the everglads(l67)we did ok.we were hunting about 8 miles north & 2miles west.if anyone has any advise were i should scout for the new season and were can i find teal in september? :huh: STA alsome hunting, but standby not so cool :no:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I hunted the sta most of the season , ya the stand bye is a pain the ass . I had three mornings that I did not get on , next season I will be looking to get set up with some sort of duck boat , I tried doing some canoeing at holliday park but its to far to canoe to . I have a 17 foot mako to big and my wife would kill me if I picked up an air boat so iI will be looking for a small john boat and maybe a go devil motor . is the shooting as good in the everglades as it is in the sta . any replys appreciated. this is my second year duck hunting so I am a newcomer I hunt with my 10 yearold son and he has a blast also but he kills half my quota he needs to get to 16 quick .

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well out on the glades its a little harder to hunt because its very large.but there is a good amount of ducks not as much as the STA but the best thing is you get there put your boat in the water and go hunt.the other thing about the glades is most duck you kill are ring neck very little mallards and teals.we hunted from a airboat for a long time but there so hard to hide you almost have to park it far away from you and walk to were your going to hunt and the water is about cheast high in most places.the jon boat with mud motor is the your best bet.I just got a traker 1448 and I'm now looking for the motor.It will be ready for next season.I dont think a conoe will work because you got to travel a few miles in the marsh to get to the duck. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
ray- thanks for the advice the day we canoed i talked to a guy that was coming in from hunting he said it was about a mile two where the sawgrassopend up and thats where the ducks where i had a hand held gps it was 5.5 miles in 5.5 back with a stiff wind .ya next year I will have a john boat with motor we did see some ducks but we where only scouting that day . when we did not get picked in the drawings for the sta we tried area 2 next to sta 4 but there was no water it was dried up . out of the whole season at the sta we did not get on 2 times so thats not to bad .it just sucks getting up at 3 to get out there bye 4.30 to get in drawing for nothing . well thanks for the advice .

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeh no problem.Something I did noticed in the STA was some of the hunters would trailer there duck boats along with there canoes and I juess if they didn't get picked they go over to the lake and hunt there.that what i plan to do next season.I use to hunt the lake with my father and it also a good hunting. Anyways you can't beat the amount and variety of duck you get in the STA.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts