Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone feed Exclusive dog food? It is made by PMI. I am in the process of changing my dog from Eukanuba large breed puppy to the Exclusive adult chicken and rice. From what I can tell it seems like good food. I am slowly doing the tranisition but if I give more than 1:1 she has diarreah. I've been trying to make the switch for a couple weeks now.

What does anyone else feed? I guess I'll go back to Eukanuba if she continues to have problems with Exclusive but I'ld rather avoid the extra cost if there is a comparble alternative. Does anone know about Science Diet?

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I have fed Kirkland Lamb and Rice and it has worked great. Cheap but not too cheap. If you have a costco around check out the chicken and rice they have, or try lamb and rice. My dog got the runs on anything but lamb and Rice.

Mike

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
science diet is pretty good. they even have prescription dog foods if needed. i am switching to it for my dog since i was informed the other day he still needs to lose weight. he's not gonna like it though... :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
256 Posts
have heard alot of bad things about science diet. I have never used it but a good friend of mine ha a training facility and used it but recently switched because his dogs would run out of gas during training sessions. I turned him on to diamond and his dogs are doing much better. I feed diamond premium adult and have never had a problem with any of my dogs. My male had problems with diarrea but since he has been on diamond he has not had it again. It gives my dogs a very slick and shiny coat. It is also a very rich food so i have been able to cut back on the amount i feed without affecting my dogs weight nor there performance. I have tried many different foods and i prefer diamond over all I have tried.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
i used diamond green for probably the 1st 4 years of my dog's life. i was misled that diamond is a meat based food and it came to light that it in fact wasn't. it's primary ingredient in grain, usually corn.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I used science diet for a few years and then changed to Exclusive. My dog loves it and it is a lower volume food, less waste in the back yard. My dog does very well on it and I noticed an improvement in his coat. I switched after he got a little older and was having a lot of gas problems with other food and noticed a big improvement. He is still a bit of a gas bag, but at 12 years what do you expect. The place I buy my food sells all kinds of food, but the owner recommends the exclusive and uses it himself. I know him so it's not big sales proportion. The cost based on number of meals is less than many alternatives because of the reduced volume you can feed your dog. I also get every 6th bag free. Look at the bags of all the food you are looking at. The list of ingredients is by % with the largest volume listed first. Compare fillers and how much of the good stuff you are getting.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I second the recommendation for Pro Plan Lamb and Rice. It's the only thing we feed our animals, and just about every other brand except Science Diet has caused them to throw up or have diarrhea. Our vet recommended it to us (who sells Science Diet in his office, so he wasn't making anything off us), and I believe that meat is the #1 ingredient. Hope you can find something that works!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.