Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own an MP153 autoloader and have had absolutly no problems what so ever with it. The gun works amazingly well for a $300.00 dollar firearm. I was wondering what others who have bought this gun have to say about it.

Thanks..!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 153 came with an extremely poor fininsh on the barrel and ill fitting receiver / stock mate up. I bought it for a turkey gun and it is a synthetic model - the wood model I inspected in the same shipment had a different barrel fininsh that was good but the mate up was not right even for a low dollar gun. After I spent considerable time cleaning it up I had to have dealer send back to EAA vendor about barrel problem - no idea how it shoots as it has not come back nor has there been any information. I am betting I won't have it back by the April 10 season start.

I am not sure I would buy one next time. I will wait an see how factory treats me. If I can get my money back from dealer now I will buy a Nova or Browning and skip the cheap semi auto search that just leads to buying something less than I want. I would advise purchasers to either save up and buy a better Browning, Baretta or Winchester or settle for a pump Nova, BPS or the tried and truw 870. There really ain't no free lunch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
man thats just not true about the baikal ive had mine for three years waterfowl,upland and turkey with it
true that it does not have a great finish but it only cost 3-400 dollars and the wood is actually of very good quality you just have to put a protective finish on it but mine still has not been covered and looks great
but i would wait to get my money back because its well worth the wait just make sure you follow the break in process of shooting 100 rounds of ounce and a quarter or larger shot and you will not be dissappointed at all
mine has been through a lot and never jammed i have shot every 3 1/2 they make and would not spend the money on just looks for a hunting gun

·
Registered
12 Posts
My Uncle had a bakial (eaa) and it was a POS no body liked it in out party, the ugliest thing ull ever see, jammed every single time, HE MOVED UP TO A SBE

·
Registered
568 Posts
I just bought a synthetic model MP-153 a couple of weeks ago. I've had no problems with it, the finish is fine, I use mine to shoot waterfowl, and plan to hunt Turkey's, Grouse, Pheasant etc... not to hang on my wall & stair at it & admire it's looks. It's a tank, plain and simple. It'll do what is was made to do. For the price, a bargain in my eyes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey i have a mp-153 and i cant get it to eject 3 1/2in steel and i cant figure it out it shoots turkey loads but not steel i adjusted it like 30 times and i juss cant get it plzz help thanks

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
duckslayer91 said:
hey i have a mp-153 and i cant get it to eject 3 1/2in steel and i cant figure it out it shoots turkey loads but not steel i adjusted it like 30 times and i juss cant get it plzz help thanks
My guess is that you are shooting federals. The 3.5 feds I have won't cycle in my Mp153 (either of them) or my SBE. They are simply too long.
I've measured the shells and they are considerably longer than the stated measurement.

They work in my Nova though... So they sit and wait until I feel like shucking.

·
Registered
7 Posts
well this is the thing i bought this gun used and the guy i bought it from said it shot everything from 2 3/4 to 3 1/2 inch shell so i brought it home and shot 2 3/4in shells out it worked perfect an then it stoped so i took it to a gunsmith and they told me it only shoots 3 1/2 inchers so i had it for turkey season and it worked like a dream and i juss got it out for goose season an it jammed every 3 1/2 inch steel an no they were not federal they were winchestor BBB and yes i have messed with the gas adjustment an im guessin that the steel is light and the turkeys are heavy so heres another question if u go all the way down is it set for lights and all the way out is set for heavy k thanks and keep helpin ppl out

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
My dad had problems with him cycling 2.75 loads. He had to turn the gas adjustment three whole turns before it would eject them. The insturction manual says not to turn it more than two turns. Seemed to work for him, but I don't know if it's doing any damage for the gun

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
If you bought it used perhaps the previous owner toyed with the gas setting and it does not cycle correctly now?

I bought the SPR 453 (Remington tagged version) and it works great.

·
Registered
7 Posts
im about ready to get rid of it it is pissin me off excuse my language but i dont kno what to do it wil not shoot steel at all do i need to adjust all the way down to get it to work i have no clue

·
Registered
593 Posts
I bought mine in june and its been shooting steady ever since. Its kind of wierd though, cause one weekend I'll be out shooting 2 3/4 trap loads and it will cycle them just fine without changing the gas chaber settings. Then next time I'm out it won't cycle unless i turn the gas setting to a lighter load, they were the excact same shells and the gun was cleaned before use. So i guess its just one of those mysteries. But i have never had any troubles cycling hunting loads. :thumbsup:

hey penguine. Did you ever get a chance to pattern your gun?

·
Registered
593 Posts
duckslayer91 said:
im about ready to get rid of it it is pissin me off excuse my language but i dont kno what to do it wil not shoot steel at all do i need to adjust all the way down to get it to work i have no clue
I would take it out with some steal shot, and start shooting, if it doesn't cycle then adjust the gas chamber to the light load like a half of a turn. if it still doesn't cycle do it another half turn. and do that until it cycles.

Did you get the manual with the gun. In the manual it says how to line up the gas chamber so its at the factory default setting. You should set it there and then adjust to a light load from there. Also make sure the gun is well cleaned before you try to shoot next time.

If you didn't get the manual let us know I'm sure someone can look it up and post the directions for you. And if not i can do it when i get home.

Hope that helps ya :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts