Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body have any big plans for this fall. I know I'm planning a trip out of state to do some pheasant hunting. If it ends up being SD I'm packing my duck hunting stuff too, because you can't hunt for pheasants until after 1pm. Other than that I'll be doing the usual bow hunting, duck hunting, and a little quail hunting.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I really enjoy dove hunting in the fall. My inlaws have a very large farm and on the right day my buddies and I have a blast.

Fall fly fishing is one of my favorites. I'll probably hit Taneycomo several times, esp at night. That's when the big brown start moving up stream to spawn and become really hungry. Nothing like catching a 26 inch + trout on 2.5 lb test.

Webfoot

·
Registered
883 Posts
Getting ready for the bow season. Inventory of clothes and such.
Webfoot what do you catch those big browns on? (baits) I've heard guys say that the Rapala small sized floaters and slow sinkers work great on the browns, but really haven't tried it. I've fished Taneycomo during the day and some at night. At night we've used power bait but as expected we only get the average rainbows. I'd LOVE to get a nice big brown for the wall.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Sorry MQ, I just read your post and saw you were asking me a question.

I fish the upper 2 miles of Taneycomo from Table Rock Dam where flies and only non soft, artificial baits are allowed.

But we have really good luck on black and and olive wooley buggers size 6-8. That's all we use at night.

Good Luck

Here is a little info about the area I fish.
http://bransoncourier.com/article.php?news_ID=63

Webfoot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.