Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
A big river and a Night & Hale looking at geting a short reed does anyone have a good suggestion on what to buy,, i do a lot of hunting so i need a call that can take to abuse. THANKS

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
965 Posts
i have been hunting with a homemade call for 2 years now but i have blow some on the market and my take is if you are looking for a call at a good price (cheaper) glynn scobey goose call(not the short reed) sounds nice if you have any experiance calling or tim grounds clearly call is easy to blow and sounds nice if you want to go the next step (i would it is worth it) zink and rnt are the stuff .... if you want to spend the money go with zink; cheaper and sounds awsome

G

·
By far my favorite goose calls are Hammerdown calls. I have all three of their calls-Fatty, Havoc and T-Bone. I use the Havoc more than the other two because you can tune it for a higher pitch or get it down low. It is also a very fast call. It can do some of the best comeback calls I have ever heard. Hammerdown calls are also some of the best looking calls on the market. Great customer service and prices. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
94 Posts
i use the Primos flute and mallard tone for easy/quick chuckles and Faulks flute for low long greeting call. i have varaties of goose calls but dont use them all, i basically like to buy them and practice before the season and pick the one i feel the best and comfortable with but need to practice more on the tim grounds and illusion short reed call. am looking to buy a Zink or RNT call. Good Huntin' :thumbsup:

G

·
i was wondering what anybody thinks about the poly acrylic sentinel goose call by southern game calls... are they good, bad, ok, is it a good call for beginers?

·
Registered
598 Posts
ZINK! I just got a SR-1 Paralyzer about a week ago and I can honestly say I think that it was the best $140 I have ever spent in my life. It sounds so awesome and is very easy to blow. From now on the only goose calls I will be buyin are Zink! Can't wait to try out the Little Man! :salude:

G

·
I currently blow a scobey and love it I cant seem to get desireable tones thru a short and have tried a couple different ones such as sean man express, tru tone, southern sentianal and hs slammer. The slammer I gan get some goose sounds but lacks the realism of the scobey. Any sugguestions

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
This is my 1st year of waterfowling over my own decoys so i got a Primos Honky Tonk, and it works alright for me (as i have practiced with it) i think its a decent call for a cool $20, but i dont know anything about it. Anyone here know something bout this call? Is it worth the $20? Thx for any help.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Love my old OLT close in and the Big River goose flute at over 200 yds.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.