Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
I aint never been to none of the places except Cabelas.

The mail order catolog is sooo much easier!

I went there and it was sooo disorganized, I needed help and the guy at the duck calling section was really good at calling, but was a real di**. Didnt help at all. (Iv only been once)

Up here we now have a Sportsmans Warehouse, it is really nice! :thumbsup:

Its like a mini Cabelas, and is much more orgainzed, more helpful, and most importantly NOT 5,000 miles away! :hammering:

-Stouff

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I like Cabelas best, but I go to Gander more becuase of it's proximity to me. I have three stores within 20 minutes of my house, one right down the street from my work. Cabelas folks seem much more helpful and knowledgeable though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I only have one season under my belt, but gave Cabelas a bunch of my money to get set up. Duck hunting seems to be like heroin - one taste is all you need to get addicted. :help:

Does anyone have any good or bad experiences with Altmoor (http://www.altmoor.com/)? I just ordered a Dogtra 2000NCP through them since they're about $60 or so cheaper than Cabelas.

The last time I took my dog running, she bolted down to the water and stood a few feet out in the water and muck just staring at me and ignoring my commands to come. I ended up with wet and muddy shoes dragging her back out of the water. That pretty much convinced me it's time I was able to reach out to her when she forgets who's boss. :hammering:

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Yeah, I think Sportsmans Warehouse should have been on there too!

Geez Fraz..... Why cant you read our minds :smile:

Just kiddn.
-Stouff

·
Registered
622 Posts
They are all good, but BPS seems to have more of what I need. They seem to have more products geared toward hunting and fishing in the South. The others are great, but they have a lot of products that are more specific to the north and midwestern hunting and fishing. I guess it all comes down to where you are and what you need. There are 3 BPS within a couple hours drive of here, but the nearest of the others is like a days drive.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
i order from cabelas mainly. i do enjoy riding up to BPS at least 1 or 2 times/year. there aren't any cabelas anywhere near me. i also frequent a local sporting goods store that has a pretty good line of hunting/fishing stuff. i think everyone here has the same idea as me when it comes to specific needs. some of these are better for somethings than the others. it all comes out pretty even though.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Bass pro needs to get their butts in gear when it comes to waterfowl. That is why I go to cabela's. Bass Pro Las Vegas is about 2 miles from my house. It's fun to go--they just don't have the selection that cabelas has. I wouldn't mind having a Gander Mtn. near though.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.