Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
When you say conditions do you mean weather or bird numbers(I'm assuming this is a snow goose hunt)

I dont know about bird numbers

But weather... this is missouri one day it could be 55 and sunny the next day it could be 20 and snow. Its just hard to tell here

·
Registered
30 Posts
i assume you will be hunting area around Squaw Creek NWR. As of now there are not many birds in the area and last i heard they are still in AR. A few days with a strong south wind and warm temperatures could push some into the area by then.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Honestly we hunt the ten mile semo area and are still seeing snows heading out south to arkansas every time 40 degree temps or lower. had some good south wind and hard wind on sun. and didnt get ne new birds. My 2 cents says the majority of the population is still south. which is better for me because it means my season gets to last another weekend. mid march last year there was 20 geese on the main refuge and all of them where cripple's (eagle Bait)

·
Registered
438 Posts
pray for warmmer weather. If you are with a good guide he'll find them. You might have to drive a little further outside the traditional spots to get them but I don't think they'll be that far.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts