Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been watching people field hunt on tv and i am very interested in field hunting but have no clue where to go i live on the west side and i was wondering if ther are any good places to field hunt in snohomish/skagit county or any pretty close.
thanks for you help
kyle

·
Registered
21 Posts
I live just north of you in Mount Vernon, and there are a lot of good places to hunt in the fields in Skagit and Whatcom Counties. Right now I would recommended Whatcom County off the Slater Rd. exit north of Bellingham off I-5. Also, another place would be out by Lynden. A lot of ducks out in that area. Skagit County, I would recommend the spud fields especially after this cold snap off Chuckanut Drive. Also, take a look out by west Mt. Vernon between there and LaConner. I have lived in this area all my life and most of the ducks and geese that I have shot over the past 37 years have come in the fields. But of course you have to put in the time scouting. Best time is just prior to closing and a little afterwards to see which fields the birds actually want to go into. Or of course follow the ducks in your truck to where they are going. Put a couple of days in and you will be in the ducks!
Good shooting!
DawgMD

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.