Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The season has ended for me, but fortunately on a very positive note.

Went to CT Thurs and hunted geese Friday and Sat mornings. Ambient temp was -5 with severe winds whipping across the cornfield. Had a good blind and the geese were plentiful. Easy limits (2) each day.
Cam back home Sat evening and hunted NH on Sunday with a banner day - mallards and blacks were incoming all afternoon. Only one other hunter out.
Yesterday I closed the season alone - bluebird day and limited action but still managed 2 mallards and a black. Missed a chance at a drake by picking up a few minutes early.
Based on what I have seen, the birds we got in NH are mostly flight birds. I would assume from their thin fat layers and mature feathering and size. That severe cold weather pushed them down to us. Tonight the temp is going to be -20 and should be that way the rest of the week, so the birds will move out of the Bay and be the last push heading south!
Good luck you guys in the Mid-Atlantic states!!!!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sounds like a good ending to the year. We are starting to get a lot ore birds hee in VA and i left you some info about whats going on in the post about Central VA goose hunt. Thanks for taking a look, u should make the trip to VA it would b well worth it. The ending of duck season turned up many canvas backs one with a band!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts