Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's about time. We hunted in the Wenatchee vicinity on the Columbia. I've been waiting 3 years for a day like today. 2 of us had our limits by 10:00. Every duck was more than willing to circle the deeks and come in cupped and committed. We had enough opportunities to make up for my crappy shooting. No mallards, but pleanty of ringnecks, bluebills and widgeon. How is everyone else doing? I might be headed in the Spokane vicinity next weekend, is it worth bringing my stuff?

· Registered
9 Posts
Good job mud duck,
I live in Spokane area. Moved here from NE Colorado (South Platte River hunting) I haven't figured things out here so will be watching to see what other responses you get. We drove to Revere Ranch today and walked Rock Creek hoping to jumpshoot a few ducks. Walked a couple miles and not a duck or a duck track. A good part of the creek was frozen but plenty of open water if they wanted to be there. Rock lake was open water, lots of fisherman, didn't see any ducks. It was dark when I went by Sprague Lake so I don't know about it. Sorry, that's about all I know. Good luck.

· Registered
82 Posts
Nice Going Mud, I hunted with some fellas I just met last year. We shot lots of Mallards in the Basin and I spent most of the time laughing my *ss off. Very funny guys. Saturday we took 3 kids down to the river and the divers were there but not as many mallards as before, they wanted to land in the middle of the river.

· Registered
125 Posts
I went out yesterday 1/8 and I must say it was the best i've done all season. I got 2 bufflehead, 2 widgeon, 1 goldeneye, and 2 teal. I also got a shot at a shoveler I hit him but he flew off. I also saw lots of piltail.

Pat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.