Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the first dozen today. They look better than I could have ever hoped. The heads barely had any white on them for cheek patches, so we used some flat white rustoleum to paint our own cheek patches. We used flat black rustoleum laid on real thick to attach the flocking. I will try to post some pics when I get back from college on thursday.

Oct. 1 is the first day of fall turkey season in Kansas. I got my eye on 12 gobblers. I know where they feed, the opening the cross to get there and what time they will show up. A couple of them are freakin monsters. So if you don't here from me on Friday you will know why.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Ks: before you put on the Rustoleum, did you rough up the surfaces? I'd like to do this w/ my decoys. It would look good on them.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got it off of Ebay. I think it was about $30 bucks for 2 bags that they say should do 6-8 dozen heads. Not a bad price. We did about 6 dozen heads and there is still a full bag left. Ours has held up pretty good so far. The Bigfoots still look brand new(we put a sock on the head after every hunt) and most of our shell heads still look good(we put them in a duffle bag). If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts