Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get a laydown blind this summer and what to know what you guys think. What is a better buy and why?
Power Hunter vs. Finisher

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
You might also look at a Blanket Blind. I have one and used it exclusively this year.

Finisher is more expensive, sits higher and is more awkward and heavier. Somewhat limits your vision behind you. Will keep you out of the wind better, has space to keep stuff inside. Power hunter is cheaper and lighter. It also sits lower and therefore blends in better. Marginally better rear visibility. It is colder and has limited space for your stuff. Shotgun has to stay outside blind. I have an Interceptor which is similiar, not Finisher but know people who use them so my observations are from that. Best hunting buddy has Power Hunter. Any of these 3 need to be brushed out.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Power Hunter. It is lower profile, has a hood so you can watch the birds work no matter where they are, light and less expensive. No matter which one you choose definitely go with the kahki. There is no nead for a camo blind. A little mud an stubbling goes a very long way and you have to do it camo or not.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Over to you, you have the pros and cons and a 3rd option. Your money to spend. Also take into account Power Hunter is lighter and easier to carry.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Finisher!!!! power hunter is low profile but i found it conformable and kinda hard to see out of the flip over head cover. Also, when you have birds committing to your spread and you through it open it always would come back down when i didnt want it to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.