Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a blast. My arm and shoulder is sore and brused. But I lost my virginity when I downed a mature wood duck (my first duck...it's going on the wall). We were hunting a wooded swamp in knee deep water. When it was just before dusk...the ducks came in by the droves. I could not keep my gun loaded. Twice I pulled the trigger, only to find my gun empty. Hey, I'm a rookie. The only bad side was when we put ducks down and could not find them. We tired believe me. The wood duck I shot "folded" right up. Awsome. I have been hunting deer and small game since I was 13...I have never had so much fun ever. I am hooked after one day. Boy do I have a lot to learn yet. I never realized what you have to know to hunt ducks. Now if I can just get my Lab, "Dega" to sit still long enough to swim out and get ducks when lake season opens. Too bad ducks don't look like tennis balls...she would bring those back all day long.

·
Registered
68 Posts
You have no idea what you just got yourself into.... see ya in da swamp :thumbsup: :thumbsup: goodluck

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well add one more...blasted a female wood duck tonight. My buddy got a (do they call them hens?) female mallard. The other guy we hunt with was stomping around afterward cuz he can't seem to hit anything. We all work at the same shop. So for tommrow we put feathers in our caps. Let the "chop bustin" begin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.