Duck Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,949 Posts
Shrp - a little trick i learned is that if you extend your arms out towards the camera it changes the "scale" of the fish in relation to your body and makes it look alot bigger. lol... j/k. that's a nice bass.

Pete - gottal love them bluegill. oz for oz you won't find a better fighting fish.

as for salmon...you boys can keep them big ol' bred out river fish. i'll get mine fresh from the ocean. here is a couple of 20-25lb Cohos (silvers).

· Registered
3,949 Posts
nice lookin' sturgeon Duck. we get a few of them around here too. can olny keep 5 per year though.

Pete - i miss puttin the hurt on 'gills with an ultra-lite spinning rig. back when i lived in arizona..if the bass fishing in the colorado was slow you could always count on the bluegills to occupy your time. (and my little secret...i liked catching them little buggers a lot more.)

· Registered
3,949 Posts
actually. i have tried them exactly like that. fly rod with the little cork poppers. yeah, it slays them. it was always hard for me to properly cast for them as we were usually in or near some heavy cover. so i usually left the flyrod at home. :thumbsdown:

· Registered
3,949 Posts
well, looks like the salmon season here is basically shot for the spring run. they shut down the columbia for salmon due to an extremely low amount of returning salmon. so far, about only 2000 of an expected 200,000 fish have passed though Bonneville Dam. no one has any solid answers for this, but needless to say, the fishing is off. :thumbsdown:

it sucks for us recreational fishers, but it sucks even worse for the commercial guys. they make some good money on the spring salmon.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.